Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just ordered J&M antenna

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 09:20 PM
cglofland
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Just ordered J&M antenna

Not sure if the question is good for this thread. I have installed a CB in my 07 road glide, want to use it with PG missions. I don't have a tour pak, and looking for suggestions to add my antenna. I ran RG58 to the rear of the bike from the CB module. Help anyone???

Old 09-19-2007, 11:00 PM
tcfamy
Cruiser

See if this helps --- Tom

https://www.hdforums.com/m_1709221/tm.htm

Old 09-19-2007, 11:07 PM
goodbirds
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Visit your local truck stop and look for a mirror mount top loaded fiberglass whip, 48" is best but you can get by with a 24". You will need an eye connector on the inside wire of the RG58, and another on the shielded. Twist some shield into a wire form when you do this. Mount the base on a bag rail or fashion a mount from flat stock to bolt to a fender mount or someplace convenient. Be sure you have a good ground for the antenna via the shielded outside braided wire, and fiber washers for the antenna mast where it bolts to the mount (isolating it from the ground). Once installed, borrow or buy an SWR (standing wave ratio) meter from Radio Shack or ? Check the swr, should be less than 1.5:1. You can tune the antenna using the manufacturer's instructions or just go to a good CB or other two way radio shop for this.

I've done several of these setups when CB was all the rage in the 70's. Check the picture for ideas.

[IMG]local://upfiles/11401/80061EB5919149ADB565B1AFA1401B53.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-19-2007, 11:34 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts

Twinfreeze ,,,,,

I won't be too much of a salesman here tonight ,,,, that way I won't have to dodge the empty beer cans coming at me from certain members of this forum LOL ,,,,,,

BUTT ,,,,, the J&M shorty antennas do work ,,,,, both for AM/FM/WX and CB radio ,,,,, see the J&M website or one of our good dealers ,,,

J&M's 60' audio exhibition trailer will be set up for Biketoberfest at Daytona Harley Davidson in Ormond Beach ,, right along the freeway ,,,,,

we do not exhibit at the fall rally in Myrtle Beach but maybe next year we need to do that ,,,,,,

I will have our new 2008 Ultra Classicat Biketoberfest ,,,, with the J&M shorty antennas for both the CB and radio sides of the trunk ,,,, you can try them out for your self ,,,,, along with the J&M high performance speaker upgrades ,,,,, J&M headsets for the audio system etc ,

JMJOHN ,,, john@jmcorp.com ,,,,,,

Old 09-20-2007, 10:34 AM
duelly95
Advanced

I was wandering around my local HD dealer when I came across the shorty J&M Antenna's hanging on the wall. I have thought about them for a while but just never ordered them, so I figured why not, no shipping or waiting. Bought them for $40 each and Installed them on the bike in the parking lot, I have to say they pick up all my stations perfectly and the CB seems to recieve farther than with the stock ones. and the Bike looks realy cool to. Oh and no more getting my hat knocked off when walking around the back of the bike..

I'm Happy with em............

Old 09-20-2007, 03:19 PM
bigpig
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone know if J&M will have a dissplay at the upcoming Thunder Beach rally in Panama City, FL?

Old 09-20-2007, 03:30 PM
Lil Truckr
Road Captain

I installed a pair of these mini-antennas on my Ultra. I noticed that the FM reception is less then the stock antennas but I am installing a Weingard 12 volt FM radio amplifier so this should take care of this. As for the CB the range, its slightly less but this isn't a big deal as I normally just BS with other bikers I'm riding with...

The installation of the antennas was very straight forward and easy to do. I would not go back to the stock whips that came with my bike now that I have these new short ones. I think most of you will be happy with these new shorty antennas...

Ride safe...

Old 09-20-2007, 03:48 PM
rapz
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have them and they're good and they sure don't get in the way or stuck in the garage door!

Old 09-20-2007, 03:59 PM
texan321
Road Captain

J&M is always at Biketoberfest..........................