Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

J&M Headsets

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 03:07 AM
alanste
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default J&M Headsets

I picked up a set a few months back and they sound pretty good ... better than HD unfortunately. That said this past weekend was my first ride 2-up and found that I had to keep the VOX open all the time to talk with my friend. With the HD set it was no problem with the VOX but the J&Ms you have to yell into the mic at the sensitivity one short of Vox Open and even then it cuts out. What's up?

I'm using the 584 Elite series (cost plenty to say the least) with the AeroMike III for Open Face helmets. Anyone have this problem? Seems like the mic sensitivity is too low where my bike ('07 FLHTCU) can't pick up the voice signal.

Thanks in advance!

Old 05-07-2007, 03:56 AM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts
Default RE: J&M Headsets

it is very important on the 1998-2008 Harley audio systems that you either use two Harley Brand headsets or two J&M brand headsets together ,,,, not mixed ,,,,, if you ride with a passenger ,,,,,

otherwise it will be impossible to find an intercomvox sensitivity setting that will work for both at the same time ,,,,,,

sorry for the confusion ,,,,,,

Old 05-07-2007, 11:33 PM
LockNut
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: J&M Headsets

I had the same issue as you.I loved the sound of the J&Mspeakersbut the J&M mic just didn't work right. I could never get it to break VOX (and yes I adjusted the VOX) without yelling, which defeats the purpose of the intercom. So I had to sendthe J&Mheadsetback.

There is a mod to the HD headset that makes the headset speakers sound better. Placing a piece of foam behind the speakers, moving them closer to the ears, increases the bass and they sound pretty good.

Finally I saved enough money andI bought just the J&M speakers and spliced them into the Harley headset. I am not sure if it is all that much better than the foam mod to the Harley speakers, but I bought them and it is done.