Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auto-Tune question

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2015, 06:26 PM
kryingame
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts
Default Auto-Tune question

Hey gang,

The other day I started an Auto Tune session. What I'm curious about his how do I know, when the device is ready to Export the Learned data? Every time that I ride, do I have AT learn? When is the process finally done and over? Also, each time that I'm using AT and then exporting the learned data, is it going into the same map to make 1 ultimate map?

Unless i missed it, I don't think the manual discusses this?

Thanks all!

Old 11-13-2015, 06:36 PM
Bowhunter61
Road Warrior
Received 129 Likes on 85 Posts

Lots of answers to these questions, but basically ride 20-30 minutes at different speeds,rpms, throttle postions to fill in the counts on the table. When done export the data to a unused slot on the PV. I always like to then load it on my PC and see what adjustments were made to the VE tables. Then you can load that map back into your bike and enable that map for AT. Do another ride and then repeat until the VE changes are all lower than 2-3%

There is a really good thread on this whole subject, I thought it used to be a sticky but don't see it anymore

Old 11-13-2015, 06:43 PM
kryingame
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Bowhunter61
Lots of answers to these questions, but basically ride 20-30 minutes at different speeds,rpms, throttle postions to fill in the counts on the table. When done export the data to a unused slot on the PV. I always like to then load it on my PC and see what adjustments were made to the VE tables. Then you can load that map back into your bike and enable that map for AT. Do another ride and then repeat until the VE changes are all lower than 2-3%

There is a really good thread on this whole subject, I thought it used to be a sticky but don't see it anymore
Thanks man, we're expecting the first freeze this weekend, so I'll have lots of time for reading.

I guess what I'm also getting at and I don't know if this can even be answered but, how do I know when I have the perfect tune? Seems like, every time I ride I can AT for 30 minutes and save it. Is it a matter of "feel" or will the unit give me an indication?

Thanks!

Old 11-13-2015, 06:52 PM
Bowhunter61
Road Warrior
Received 129 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by kryingame
Thanks man, we're expecting the first freeze this weekend, so I'll have lots of time for reading.

I guess what I'm also getting at and I don't know if this can even be answered but, how do I know when I have the perfect tune? Seems like, every time I ride I can AT for 30 minutes and save it. Is it a matter of "feel" or will the unit give me an indication?

Thanks!
You need to load the saved map from the export to your PC and compare the new learned map to the old map you ran the AT on. Look at the VE tables for the front and rear cylinder and see what % change there is in each cell. Then load that new map (call it map2) into the bike and enable AT for that map. WHen you get done running your AT on map2, export the learned data to another slot on the PV, then load that slot on your PC (we will call that map3) and compare it to map2. Look at each cell again for front and back cylinders. You need to select Delta on the PV software when doing this so it shows the delta % of each cell.

Then load map3 back in the bike and run another AT on that map.
When you get to the point that you don't see any delta's larger than 2-3% between the previous and new map then you have a decent map to stick with.

That would be a basic/general method, if you want to more complicated you can then run some AT's on timing and have it adjust the timing, but you really need to read up on all that before attempting it.

Old 11-13-2015, 07:24 PM
TOFTS
Tourer
Received 66 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by kryingame
Hey gang,

The other day I started an Auto Tune session. What I'm curious about his how do I know, when the device is ready to Export the Learned data? Every time that I ride, do I have AT learn? When is the process finally done and over? Also, each time that I'm using AT and then exporting the learned data, is it going into the same map to make 1 ultimate map?

Unless i missed it, I don't think the manual discusses this?

Thanks all!
yea if your using a SERT I would put the laptop in my trunk and after it was full i would pull over and download the data that way i could keep riding in different types of speeds loads and not have to return home ever time Also you can save the new map as a different file name if you want

I would and date time the location the run file ext save, with auto tune then you can always load a previous tune if need be..... Altho i never needed to... It will be done when there is hardly and change to the numbers cannot remember the percent but like 4
And if your not using a SERT ignore all that and have a

Old 11-13-2015, 07:52 PM
tjhog
Road Warrior
Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

It's all explained very well on You Tube or Dyno Jet's website .... watching the videos worked great for me ...

It also helps to write down the steps as they go thru it ................

Last edited by tjhog; 11-13-2015 at 07:56 PM.
Old 11-13-2015, 07:57 PM
bigheadted
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 41 Posts

I called Fuelmoto and they walked me through it the first time. It is easy as can be. I did a few short like mentioned 20-30 mile rides and then went on some all day rides. Each time the % of trim got smaller.
Now every once in a while I plug it in and check .
Bike runs friggin awesome now all the time !!! I think the auto tune was the best investment yet for me.
Since it is colder I should probably check and see where things are at.