Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bike pulls to the left

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 12:45 AM
07street
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bike pulls to the left

While riding today on my 07Street Glide I took my hands off the handle bars and the bike faded to the left. I don't make riding with no hands a habit but I've done for years and all my other bikes and they ran straight. Is this an alignment issue ? Was thinking maybe the rear tire is not lined up on something.

Old 05-07-2007, 12:52 AM
Bryan1724
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: bike pulls to the left

ORIGINAL: 07street

While riding today on my 07Street Glide I took my hands off the handle bars and the bike faded to the left. I don't make riding with no hands a habit but I've done for years and all my other bikes and they ran straight. Is this an alignment issue ? Was thinking maybe the rear tire is not lined up on something.
I would say yes. I ride no hands on the highway at times and my Road Glide runs straight and true. Just asmall lean here or there to move it.

Old 05-07-2007, 01:48 AM
HoggerCom
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had same problem on my 07 RKC.

I'm not saying this will fix YOURS, but in my case, I cut the black plastic tie-wrap that secured the clutch cable to the frame.

I then pulled a little bit more slack of the clutch cable UP through thatP-Clamp on the forks.

It immediately fixed my bike pulling to the left.

Sounds strange? Yep, I thought so too.
But it worked. The clutch cable was pulling the forks to the left a bit. I verified that by putting my bike on a lift, and noticed that the forks weren't "drifting" to center, as they should.

With the clutch cable loose, now, it drifts to center.

Give it a shot, see if that helps.

Old 05-07-2007, 04:09 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I know you may have thought about this. But could it be your riding position? I know you have experience riding, and mean NO disrespect. But. if this ride is new to you, maybe you sit off to the left a bit. Make sure your handlebars are straight on. Sometimes, they can shift to one side or another, causing you to sit cockeyed in the saddle. Just a thought. I know when I let loose of both hand, from time to time, I can steer the bike just by moving slightly in the saddle. Scares the crap out of the wife. Probally why I do it. lol