Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Arlen Ness Angled Saddlebags

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 06:57 PM
DanHappy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,419 Likes on 1,614 Posts

Originally Posted by Robjr
Nice bike, but the bags don't match up with the fender.
Call me weird, but I dont see the mismatch. Looks good to me.

Now the sweep back type that go back really far, yes, you need the correct fender. But these...?

Old 11-17-2015, 09:17 PM
SpaceReapersNOLA
Road Captain
Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

I think they look pretty good as is, being picky , the gap from the fender panels to the saddlebags could be a little tighter and the bottom of the filler panel is a little off. However that is being really picky, the kind of stuff you only really notice when you stare at the pictures, it looks great in person. I really like the Arlen Ness bags, little stuff you dont notice at first like how the lines on the side match with the lines on the side panels. I would highly recommend them, the look, fit and finish and quality are top notch.

Old 11-17-2015, 09:18 PM
SpaceReapersNOLA
Road Captain

oh and thanks for the compliments guys! been working hard on the bike and I am really pleased on how it came out. glad you guys enjoy it!

Old 11-17-2015, 10:46 PM
R_Einan
Road Master
Received 108 Likes on 89 Posts

Looking good space!

Old 11-18-2015, 07:37 AM
notch'd '90
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SpaceReapersNOLA
I think they look pretty good as is, being picky , the gap from the fender panels to the saddlebags could be a little tighter and the bottom of the filler panel is a little off. However that is being really picky, the kind of stuff you only really notice when you stare at the pictures, it looks great in person. I really like the Arlen Ness bags, little stuff you dont notice at first like how the lines on the side match with the lines on the side panels. I would highly recommend them, the look, fit and finish and quality are top notch.

Thanks for the pictures and info about the bags! I have heard nothing but great things about their quality. The picture of the rear of your bike is exactly what I wanted to see. I am just a little too picky so I think I will wait until this becomes available:

I only want to paint once...

Old 11-18-2015, 09:50 AM
SpaceReapersNOLA
Road Captain

Originally Posted by notch'd '90
Thanks for the pictures and info about the bags! I have heard nothing but great things about their quality. The picture of the rear of your bike is exactly what I wanted to see. I am just a little too picky so I think I will wait until this becomes available:

I only want to paint once...
Thats a nice looking piece, who makes it? does it mount to a stock street glide rear fender? only thing that would concern me is it looks like it will hang lower in the middle then the stock filler panel, which I already scrape all the time. looks good though!

Old 11-18-2015, 12:34 PM
notch'd '90
Advanced

Thats a nice looking piece, who makes it? does it mount to a stock street glide rear fender? only thing that would concern me is it looks like it will hang lower in the middle then the stock filler panel, which I already scrape all the time. looks good though!
http://www.arlenness.com/pc_product_...A0B16CD3A2C9B5

It is an Arlen Ness product meant to match up to the angled saddlebags. Here is the link. I had it in my first post, but I was curious how the bags look with stock fender because the part isn't available yet. Sales at Arlen Ness told me the product has been cleared for production and will be available early 2016.

Your bike looks great, and also lower than my stock SG...

Old 11-18-2015, 12:40 PM
notch'd '90
Advanced

Also, what seat is that? Looks good! Does it work with a passenger pillion?

Old 11-19-2015, 05:19 PM
SpaceReapersNOLA
Road Captain

Originally Posted by notch'd '90

Also, what seat is that? Looks good! Does it work with a passenger pillion?
Yeah my bike is about 2" lower than stock in the rear and 2" lower progressive monotube front end. The seat is a C&C solo seat, you can get the matching pllion in three different widths, the one pictured is the widest one they sell. I love the seat, I just did 2400 miles to key west and back with no back problems at all!

ignore the stock saddlebags, this was when my Ness bags were being painted.

Old 11-19-2015, 09:35 PM
PhatTerry
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah my bike is about 2" lower than stock in the rear and 2" lower progressive monotube front end. The seat is a C&C solo seat, you can get the matching pllion in three different widths, the one pictured is the widest one they sell. I love the seat, I just did 2400 miles to key west and back with no back problems at all! ignore the stock saddlebags, this was when my Ness bags were being painted.
Your bike looks great! Really, really eye catching...congrats!

Quick Reply: Arlen Ness Angled Saddlebags