Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone run Thunderheader 2-1s?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2015, 12:58 PM
Devchonachko
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone run Thunderheader 2-1s?

I just got a new Road King and I want to get rid of the stock exhaust. I was wondering if anyone who runs the Thunderheader 2-1s have had any issues or problems with them. Thanks!

Old 11-06-2015, 01:48 PM
jrpetrie
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Thunder header on my Ultra and love it, I have had no issues, I have V&H true duels on my road glide don't like them as much

Old 11-06-2015, 04:53 PM
deadhawg
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 1,800 Likes on 688 Posts

Originally Posted by jrpetrie
I have a Thunder header on my Ultra and love it, I have had no issues, I have V&H true duels on my road glide don't like them as much

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I'm just the opposite. Had the Thunderheader and didn't like it. Gained top end power but lost low end torque. Louder than I liked too. Put V&H true duals with Monster Ovals on and I love it. Runs great, loud enough when I get on it, but quiet enough at light throttle so I don't wake the neighbors when I leave at 5:00 AM or come home at 2:00 AM.

Old 11-06-2015, 06:32 PM
Baeseman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 99 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by deadhawg
Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I'm just the opposite. Had the Thunderheader and didn't like it.
Same here. I literally threw the thing into the back of the garbage truck after taking it off my Wide Glide.

Old 11-06-2015, 09:10 PM
roadrash3
Road Master
Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Baeseman1
Same here. I literally threw the thing into the back of the garbage truck after taking it off my Wide Glide.
Different pipe on the wide glide. I had a thunderheader on my dyna and it was loud as hell, i loved it. I thought i wanted quieter on my road glide, so i bought vance and hines, the sounds sucked and it eventually cracked in two spots. So i spent the money and went back to thunderheader. Not as loud as i expected after running them on my old dyna, but man, they really are the best looking and sounding pipe in my opinion. They have been known to have cracks in the support brackets, but i don't care, i will never ever run another pipe.Here on the west coast, thunderheader is the go to pipe. Love it.

Old 11-06-2015, 10:24 PM
dforeid
Road Captain
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

Had one one my Heritage and loved it. I've had two Road Kings since and ran Thunder Cones (duals) on each of them and currently have them on my Ultra Limited. For me I just like the sound of them, but they are loud and not for everyone.

Old 11-07-2015, 10:00 AM
HDchrome
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Had a T-header on an older Road Glide, it sounded good and made good power. However, the physical quality of the pipe left a lot to be desired. Broke a couple of mounting brackets, had to use a spacer to move my brake pedal out a bit for the pipe to fit, and the chrome isn't that great. If you can deal with the quality control issues, its a decent pipe.

Old 11-07-2015, 06:01 PM
Baeseman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 99 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by roadrash3
Different pipe on the wide glide.
This is true, but.... I hated the look. Didn't care for the sound. And the quality of the pipe was meh at best. The support bracket was literally broke in half so I canned the thing.

Enough for me to never buy one again when there's lots of fish in the sea.

Not trying to talk anyone out of one, but it wasn't/isn't for me.

Old 11-07-2015, 08:14 PM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,844 Likes on 1,084 Posts

Save your money and get an exhaust that's worth the money. D&D Fatcat, Drago Dragula, or R&B Racing LSR.

Last edited by OldEnuf2NoBtr; 11-08-2015 at 12:35 AM.
Old 11-07-2015, 08:36 PM
ntraindavefl
Road Warrior
Received 351 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by roadrash3
i will never ever run another pipe.Here on the west coast, thunderheader is the go to pipe.

that's because of all the posers out there

Quick Reply: Does anyone run Thunderheader 2-1s?