Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCIII Accel Pump

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 11:24 PM
Taterdog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: PCIII Accel Pump

Thanks, fellas. I guess the only question I really have now is do I really need to add this or not? Seems some have said it's a good thing and some a bad thing. What do you think?

Old 05-09-2007, 12:09 AM
bradleyjoe
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed a K&N HP air filter with slip on mufflers along with a PCIII USB. After the installationit developed a hesitation right after idle, in other words, when idling, and I gave it some throttle, it hesitated for a moment. I called the place I bought it (More Power Racing) and they recommended enabling the accelorator pump. Once I did and followed the recommended percentages for street riding, it ran smooth. No more hesitation. Now it runs great. Good luck.

Old 05-09-2007, 09:41 PM
CNC WHEEL GUY
Road Warrior

1st off, I want tothankthose that posted here on the "how to" in setting up the accellerator pump feature and the experiences you had. For a while, I have been chasing this issue for, and like some have said, I learned to live with the hesitation of the off idle stumble because I had no luck with tech help or fiquring it out myself.

Once I downloaded (and proper figured out how to do it) the accellerator pump utility, I was able to install it. I put the recommended setting for street use, (90%, 20 rev, 15%) loaded it on the PCIII and took the bike for a ride. I was EXTACTIC to see that the stumble or hesitation was eliminated!

If you were on the fence about this, give it a shot, it won't cost you anything but some time. And as most have said here - it works!!!!!

One small tip, I had to use a 9V battery and hook up to my desktop PC. You cannot open the PCIII software for loading maps until AFTER you run the utility to "enable" the software. When I tried this the 1st time, I had the software up and running to see my map, but the utility function said that it was already in use and could not access the PCIII.

Thanks again guys!

-Denis

Old 05-09-2007, 09:52 PM
StreetGlide2006
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: CNC WHEEL GUY

1st off, I want tothankthose that posted here on the "how to" in setting up the accellerator pump feature and the experiences you had. For a while, I have been chasing this issue for, and like some have said, I learned to live with the hesitation of the off idle stumble because I had no luck with tech help or fiquring it out myself.

Once I downloaded (and proper figured out how to do it) the accellerator pump utility, I was able to install it. I put the recommended setting for street use, (90%, 20 rev, 15%) loaded it on the PCIII and took the bike for a ride. I was EXTACTIC to see that the stumble or hesitation was eliminated!

If you were on the fence about this, give it a shot, it won't cost you anything but some time. And as most have said here - it works!!!!!

One small tip, I had to use a 9V battery and hook up to my desktop PC. You cannot open the PCIII software for loading maps until AFTER you run the utility to "enable" the software. When I tried this the 1st time, I had the software up and running to see my map, but the utility function said that it was already in use and could not access the PCIII.

Thanks again guys!

-Denis
Exactly my results. The differance in my bike was outstanding! And it did not cost a dime extra.

Ride Safe,

Mike

Old 05-09-2007, 10:17 PM
Taterdog
Outstanding HDF Member

It looks like most of you who have installed the accel pump feature are riding '06 and '07 bikes. Since mine is a 2000 with the MM EFI, I wonder if it would do anything? I haven't had any hesitation from start, but do have it between 2250 and 2750 rpm under low load, like while riding through neighborhoods.

Only reason I ask is I'd hate to load something that might screw something up unless I know how to uninstall it, and I'm not sure if that's possible. Might send a note to Dynojet to find out.

Old 05-09-2007, 11:06 PM
CNC WHEEL GUY
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Taterdog

It looks like most of you who have installed the accel pump feature are riding '06 and '07 bikes. Since mine is a 2000 with the MM EFI, I wonder if it would do anything? I haven't had any hesitation from start, but do have it between 2250 and 2750 rpm under low load, like while riding through neighborhoods.

Only reason I ask is I'd hate to load something that might screw something up unless I know how to uninstall it, and I'm not sure if that's possible. Might send a note to Dynojet to find out.
Not sure if would help, but I think it would. As for you worrying about it screwing anything else up, I wouldn't worry. It's like a switch - you turn it off or you turn it on (once on, you can adjust sensativity). It does not modify your may, but piggybacks it. My map numbers never changed.

It only works on PCIII USB and newer models. If you have an older PCIII, then you cannot activate the feature.

Hope that helps

Old 05-09-2007, 11:25 PM
Taterdog
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks CNC Wheel Guy. Sounds like I can give it a try and turn it off if not needed. Easy 'nuff for me!

BTW, I like the pics on the Showdown forum, too.

Old 05-09-2007, 11:27 PM
CNC WHEEL GUY
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Taterdog

Thanks CNC Wheel Guy. Sounds like I can give it a try and turn it off if not needed. Easy 'nuff for me!

BTW, I like the pics on the Showdown forum, too.
There will be more where that came from! Stay tuned!

Old 05-10-2007, 01:05 PM
user 37474839
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm going to give this a try with mine also- I've had the same blip on hesitation with the new PCIII on my 2007 XL1200. Sure hope it helps.

Old 05-14-2007, 02:32 AM
Dinger
Road Master

I found this thread and looked into it.Sitting at a red light with a thouroghly warmed engine,I would crack the throttle only to heara stumbleandsometimes accompanied by a ping. Rolling off was difficult if RPMs were low. I noticed it was doing this before and after installing V&H Bigshots Long Pipe, SE A/C and PCIII. The problem even remained after having the dealer dyno tune it twice.

I printed this thread, downloaded the Dynojet instructions and ran to the dealer to have them activate the Accelerator Pump.

Leaving the dealer I noticed there wassome improvement.

Today Iset offfor aride throught the Malibu Canyons. Cruised to the Rock Store and up to Neptunes Net.150 miles. I didn't notice any off idle stumbleas I got into some heavy traffic and the engine started heating up.

For the most part, I'm pretty happy with this download. It might take a littlemore tweaking, butfor now it'san improvment.

Thanks for posting this topic!

The admin should movethis threadto the Fuel Injection forums.There's a lot of riders that could use this information.

Quick Reply: PCIII Accel Pump