Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

drop seat 09 ultra with abs...

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2015 | 03:22 PM
psychocircus
|
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default drop seat 09 ultra with abs...

Who's got it and what should I be ready for? Any tips, issues, etc...

Old 11-02-2015 | 05:07 PM
lorddj
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If your mean the Fat Baggers drop seat, I installed one on my 2013 Road King.

Old 11-02-2015 | 05:43 PM
SnoRider
Stellar HDF Member
Received 254 Likes on 145 Posts

I'll take note on this thread

Old 11-02-2015 | 07:57 PM
Jerry L
Road Warrior
Received 255 Likes on 163 Posts

I've got a SG but I do have the abs. I had Fatbaggers install the kit here in Daytona so no tips for u. All I can say is I love the kit and how it sits. I now have the solo seat also. The seats are not soft touring seats, but I like mine just fine. Had to get handlebars with more pull back so I wasn't over reaching. Best mod I've done so far!

Old 11-03-2015 | 08:11 AM
lorddj
Advanced

The biggest PIA in the install was the "reversing" of the ABS module and bleeding the brakes. I suggest you invest in a set of speed bleeders. Also, the battery compartment becomes very crowded. I actually purchased a Deltran Lithium battery because of its small size and it worked really well. Other than that, read the directions over and over and take your time.

Old 11-03-2015 | 01:02 PM
jamess71
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jerry L
I've got a SG but I do have the abs. I had Fatbaggers install the kit here in Daytona so no tips for u. All I can say is I love the kit and how it sits. I now have the solo seat also. The seats are not soft touring seats, but I like mine just fine. Had to get handlebars with more pull back so I wasn't over reaching. Best mod I've done so far!
I would love to sit down in the bike like that. What are you running for rear suspension?

Old 11-03-2015 | 05:54 PM
psychocircus
|
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by lorddj
The biggest PIA in the install was the "reversing" of the ABS module and bleeding the brakes. I suggest you invest in a set of speed bleeders. Also, the battery compartment becomes very crowded. I actually purchased a Deltran Lithium battery because of its small size and it worked really well. Other than that, read the directions over and over and take your time.
What you mean buy 'reversing' the abs modular? The stock block can still be used?

Old 11-03-2015 | 06:46 PM
Jerry L
Road Warrior
Received 255 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by jamess71
I would love to sit down in the bike like that. What are you running for rear suspension?
I'm using the stock SG lowered shocks. Beauty of the FBI drop seat is you don't change the shock travel, just the frame and seat location.

Old 11-04-2015 | 08:57 AM
lorddj
Advanced

Originally Posted by psychocircus
What you mean buy 'reversing' the abs modular? The stock block can still be used?
The stock module is used but it is removed and flipped around and put back. In doing this, the position of the brake lines on the ABS are in a different location. You will need the FBI ABS manifold to get the lines back in position. It is kind of difficult to explain. You will also be replacing you fuse box with theirs and relocating several connectors (like the TSSM)

If you want to PM me, I may be able to scan and send the directions.

Old 11-04-2015 | 11:40 AM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

According to the website, the Baggerwerx kit does not require the ABS lines to disconnected or be bled.

Quick Reply: drop seat 09 ultra with abs...