Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mustang seat

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 01:41 PM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mustang seat

by the end of the month i will be getting a mustang seat. my wife and get sore azzes even on a short ride 50 miles or so. i am looking for an authorized dealer in the tampa st. pete area. does anybody now of one in this area? or any in florida. would give me an excuse to ride anyways.
i would really like to try it on the bike before i buy

Old 05-06-2007, 02:43 PM
Timex
Tourer
Default RE: mustang seat

Millers in South Daytona. They will let u take it for a ride on your bike before purchase.

Old 05-06-2007, 10:17 PM
Lu
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 49 Posts

I'm a big guy and would love a mustang seat, but I don't want my crotch to be crushed. Are the lengths shorter or the same as the stock SG seat. They appear shorter.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 05-06-2007, 10:32 PM
Floridafred
Cruiser

I'm 6'4", 225 lbs. I could not do more than 2 hours on my new 07 Road Glide. I bought a Mustang with backrest and now I'm like the energizer bunny. I just keep going and going. I love it. It took me about 250 miles to get used to the new postion and it prompted me to install EZ brake and shifter but now we are built for the open road.
Fred.

Old 05-06-2007, 10:34 PM
StreetGlide2006
Road Warrior

My Mustang Solo moved me back and down compared to the stock seat. I like the way it rides much better.

Ride Safe,

Mike

Old 05-06-2007, 10:52 PM
Lu
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 49 Posts

[align=left]
ORIGINAL: StreetGlide2006
[/align]
My Mustang Solo moved me back and down compared to the stock seat. I like the way it rides much better.

Ride Safe,

Mike
I'm 5'8" & 320 lbs, so you say it moved you back huh. I'm guessing then it is the same length as the SG stock seat. Don't want to buy a $500 seat to find out my b@ll$ are on the chrome dash.

Thanks for your feedback

Old 05-06-2007, 11:49 PM
TODDNVAL
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I am 5'9 at 240lbs and i just put a mustang solo seat on my 07 street glide, it is the 4th seat I've had on it and it will be the last seat I put on it. I started of coarse with the stocker, actually wasn't bad for me but terrible for her. I then purchased the sun downer that is supposed to be so comfy, not for either of us. I sold the sun downer and bought a hd pillow seat, looks like you could ride for days on it, I put it on and the only way i can describe it is if you took a 5 gallon bucket and tried to set your azz down in it, once seated you're stuck there with yourjewels mashed up on the tank. I called Le pera, corbin, saddlemen, and mustang about a seat and made my decision based on how helpful they were. I called Le pera 3 times with no help what so ever, I called corbin and the salesperson acted like it was so much trouble to talk to me, I then callled saddlemen and the salesperson didn't know how wide their seats were, they said they guess they could measure one. I finally called mustang and have never talked to someone that helpful, all of my questions were answered completely and they told me that for my size that I should go with the solo and passenger pillion for the most comfort. I got my seat Friday and took the bike out last night for 150 miles no trouble at all, today we rode another 345 miles stopping at around 60-80 mile intervals and we were finally getting a little tired by the end of the ride. I think once this seat is broken in nothing will out do it for us, that's what I really liked is that it was comfy for us both. All I can say is that mustangs sales sold me on their seat and I'm very satisfied.

Old 05-07-2007, 12:23 AM
Rollon
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Has anyone tried the Saddlemen for the UC?

Old 05-07-2007, 09:43 AM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member

i cant wait to get mine after hearing all the good things about mustang. still looking for a dealer in the tampa st pete area. i will be calling mustang today to find out.
thanx guys for all your input

Old 05-07-2007, 03:15 PM
chiabate
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As in many prior posts, Mustang customer service always comes through. CSI (customer satisfaction index) is clearly related to ESI (employee satisfaction index) Whatever they do should be a model for other businesses.

Quick Reply: mustang seat