Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

when do you check yor PSI in your shocks?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 01:36 PM
E DOGG
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default when do you check yor PSI in your shocks?

It's been a year since I bought this bike and never bought the air pump. Does the dealership check it when you bring it for service?

Old 05-06-2007, 01:38 PM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: when do you check yor PSI in your shocks?

Ahhh... Not normally.... Really should buy a pump and check ALL YOUR AIR PRESSURES before every ride.. [8D]

Old 05-06-2007, 01:44 PM
nujohn
Tourer

I think you should check it monthly or before any long ride, along with tires ,oils
Thats whatI do and you should get youself a pump from HD on-line for about 35-40$$ or e-bay. I wouldnt count on the dealers to check ,I,m sure they dont

Old 05-06-2007, 01:49 PM
easyglider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I check mine weekly if riding is only 1-up.However I will check it every other ride when doing alot of 2-up.I don't notice much difference alone but when 2-up there is a difference.

Old 05-06-2007, 01:50 PM
tkjones2
Banned

check mine every week or so that and tires etc, the pump is cheap and the HD one seems to be alot better quality than any others i have seen

Old 05-06-2007, 01:53 PM
SMT
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Nu B StreetGlider

It's been a year since I bought this bike and never bought the air pump. Does the dealership check it when you bring it for service?
I would check it when you go two up or solo depending on the load you carry. As far as the dealers checking it....don't count on it. That's why I do all my own service and keep VERY extensive records. No one can service your bike like you can...you're not on the clock and trying to get home or to lunch.

Old 05-06-2007, 02:02 PM
Bryan1724
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a 99 so they don't hold air all that well anymore. I check mine every 2 weeks or less. Thinking about putting on some Progressive's.

Old 05-06-2007, 02:10 PM
StreetGlide2006
Road Warrior

I check mine weekly when doing a complete cleaning on the bike. Along with all the other stuff mentioned above and just normal nut, bolt. belt, cables, ect. as I am cleaning in a certian area. Just an easy thing to do once you make a habit of it.

Ride Safe,

Mike

Old 05-06-2007, 02:15 PM
Ravenworks
Intermediate

I check mine before every ride.
I have owned my EG for a couple of years now and I know all of the " in's and out's" it has, as for air pressure leaks, mine doesn’t, but who's to say it won't start leaking today?
Now for the part about the dealership checking it for you, I was told they don't because there is too much of a liability factor involved due to having the wrong air pressure.
I have always known that air pressures play a large part in ride comfort and safety to not check the frequently.
My EG handles very badly if the right amount of air pressure is not maintained-I.E.- front end washing out in corners, rear end bottoming out ETC.

Old 05-06-2007, 02:35 PM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 198 Likes on 168 Posts

ORIGINAL: SoCal_Pappy

Ahhh... Not normally.... Really should buy a pump and check ALL YOUR AIR PRESSURES before every ride.. [8D]
Very true ! He who trusts the dealer, sits by side of road. Buy the shop manual if need be and learn to do it your self. The plug are good for 10 K, The oil every 5 K . The trany & diff every other oil change if it is an '06 or newer. There is nothing tricky about doing your own maintainance.

Quick Reply: when do you check yor PSI in your shocks?