Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordered the Ebay Lowers....

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2015, 07:29 PM
Shadowray
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Did the gloss black Mutazu lowers need to be painted?

Old 10-31-2015, 06:26 PM
sbeast
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321748030827...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

is the set i ordered. they came pre-assembled with decent hardware. didnt see any cheap plastic fasteners. i ordered a set of Fairing Factory quick-release mounting kits for it, and those were problematic. both of the bar clamps were too loose to actually grab my crash bar, i had to put rubber liners on both to get em to grab.

the grills on these feel like cheap junk, when i have some free time im going to dissasemble them and inspect/replace the hardware on them.

installation on the clutch side was easy. everything fit fine. the Brake side however took a lot of adjusting to get it to fit right around the floorboard/brake reservoir. once i had it 'on' the bar, everything jiggled into place, but getting it lined up in the first place was a pain in the ***.

cant wait to go for a ride and test them out

Old 11-01-2015, 11:48 AM
04Hali
Road Warrior
Received 243 Likes on 164 Posts

I looked at those exact lowers but now they show out of stock. I might try them if they relist them.

Old 11-01-2015, 12:23 PM
kryingame
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

Gang, after a year and a half of riding, my right side mutazu speaker lower is starting to rattle. I forget how to even take the dang thing off.

I'm not saying it's broken or cheap or anything negative, stuff happens. Hopefully, it's an easy repair.

Worst case, my local shop installs some cool looking round speaker pods. They look way cooler than lowers. I'll install those instead.

Last edited by kryingame; 11-01-2015 at 12:26 PM.
Old 11-01-2015, 02:29 PM
04Hali
Road Warrior

The e-bay lower fairings don't include the mounting hardware. What is needed to mount them to the crashbar? I know the lower part uses a round pipe tube strap attachment but do you need the fairing clips for the top or does the top part just snug up to the bar.

Edit: I found a youtube video and the guy said the lower part attachment was easy and could be done with a twist tie so I figure a pipe tube strap will work. For the upper part he said it was a pressure fit and the screws were 5mm if not provided. Sound OK?

Last edited by 04Hali; 11-01-2015 at 04:36 PM.
Old 11-01-2015, 05:47 PM
sbeast
Road Master

Originally Posted by 04Hali
The e-bay lower fairings don't include the mounting hardware. What is needed to mount them to the crashbar? I know the lower part uses a round pipe tube strap attachment but do you need the fairing clips for the top or does the top part just snug up to the bar.

Edit: I found a youtube video and the guy said the lower part attachment was easy and could be done with a twist tie so I figure a pipe tube strap will work. For the upper part he said it was a pressure fit and the screws were 5mm if not provided. Sound OK?
The upper "cap" is what clamps the fairing to the bar. Mine only had 2 screws on it.

The bottom of the fairing can be connected to the bar with a pipe clamp. The fairing rests on the bar, and has a hole to put a fastener through to whatever you're using as a bar clamp

Old 11-02-2015, 11:33 AM
04Hali
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by sbeast
The upper "cap" is what clamps the fairing to the bar. Mine only had 2 screws on it.

The bottom of the fairing can be connected to the bar with a pipe clamp. The fairing rests on the bar, and has a hole to put a fastener through to whatever you're using as a bar clamp
Thanks, that's what I figured.

Old 11-03-2015, 02:10 PM
sbeast
Road Master

If the clamps don't go tightly, put a lil rubber shim in to help. Or electrical tape. Something that wont scuff the chrome

Old 11-04-2015, 12:01 PM
Gixxere
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sbeast
If the clamps don't go tightly, put a lil rubber shim in to help. Or electrical tape. Something that wont scuff the chrome
I cut one of my sons old inner tube from his bike and used that as a shim. Worked flawlessly!!

Old 11-04-2015, 12:13 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

What is the value on stock Harley lowers in vivid black off a 2010 Tri Glide. I have a set here off my mechanics trike he wants to sell. Good shape but not perfect. Thanks for the help.

Quick Reply: Ordered the Ebay Lowers....