Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Touring Shocks

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2015, 01:49 PM
wscott
Road Warrior
Received 137 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by VTwinJaxFL
Check out Super Shox http://supershox.com, they offer a 30 day money back guarantee, so if you don't like them send them back. I'm trying them, they will be in on Friday. I have heard good things about these shocks, made in the USA and apparently are very nice.
===========

The super shox motorcycle shocks look to be a decent product that seems to have good feedback from bikers that bought them.

Might be a good idea to start a new thread after you get the super shox installed , test ridden & dialed in to let us know how they perform.

Scott

Old 10-27-2015, 03:01 PM
Deckman
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have JRI 12" shocks for my 07 SG. Bought from Howard when he was still selling them. I've had them for 20k Miles with no issues. They improved my handling in the corners and have not bottomed out yet. I am 180# and ride 90% one up. At the time I bought them Howard was pushing them more than Ohlins, they have since parted ways.

Old 10-27-2015, 03:56 PM
Streetrunner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 51 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by VTwinJaxFL
Check out Super Shox http://supershox.com, they offer a 30 day money back guarantee, so if you don't like them send them back. I'm trying them, they will be in on Friday. I have heard good things about these shocks, made in the USA and apparently are very nice.
I already sent them back. Way too stiff. Stock 13" air shocks are smoother.

Old 10-27-2015, 07:25 PM
FRANK DRAGO
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Check out Terry cable shocks
Custom built to your riding style comes with 90 day guarantee or your money back

Old 10-27-2015, 09:24 PM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member
Received 187 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Streetrunner
Legend Revo's are rebuild-able and made in USA!
Do they build the shock specifically to riders weight, 1up or 2up, and valve per riders style? How about a custom length shock. Say 12 1/2", 12 3/4", 13 1/4" or 13 1/2"? These bikes have a lot of trail, a little taller shock then 13" is not a problem. If you go with a little taller shock and do not like it, reduce preload/sag to lower rear.

Many shocks mentioned offer only two types of springs, standard and heavy duty. This is the same for valving, only two flavors per spring type ordered. Worse yet, same valving with a stiffer spring or softer spring. Hence, people say the shocks are too stiff for them. For the same amount of money, or less money then some shocks mentioned, you can get a shock custom built. Ohlins or Works. Maybe Terrys - dont know. Ordering a shock that is longer will also help A LOT in ride quality, more suspension travel. Even going from a 12" to a 12 1/2" will be noticeable if 13" is too tall for rider or you want to keep the lowered stance look.

I ride the twisties spirited, prefer ride quality and increased lean angle, and went with 13 1/2".

Old 10-27-2015, 10:05 PM
Streetrunner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 51 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by KumaRide
Do they build the shock specifically to riders weight, 1up or 2up, and valve per riders style? How about a custom length shock. Say 12 1/2", 12 3/4", 13 1/4" or 13 1/2"? These bikes have a lot of trail, a little taller shock then 13" is not a problem. If you go with a little taller shock and do not like it, reduce preload/sag to lower rear.

The Revo-A's come in either standard or heavy duty spring rate but have a 6 position dampening adjuster for the valving.

Old 10-27-2015, 10:40 PM
banjoplayer2
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok. i'm looking at Ohlins shocks for my 2007 Road King classic.

Can anybody add some insight, or decoding. There is mono-tube, emulsion. I don't know how many letter designations?

What does it all mean to my day to day ride?

Old 10-27-2015, 11:09 PM
Buffalolake
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Can anybody add some insight, or decoding. There is mono-tube, emulsion. I don't know how many letter designations?

Call Howard at Mototcyclemetal about his Ohlin shocks. He can enlighten you (or maybe **** you off).

But for a simplified version:
Howard's #2 series=significantly better than stock and better than or equal to
most aftermarket shocks.
Howard's # 3 series=significantly better than Howard's #2's
Howard's #6 series=even better than the #3's

Old 10-28-2015, 05:10 AM
dajogejr
Road Warrior
Received 898 Likes on 526 Posts

I have the Pro-Action. About 300 or so miles on them, half and half solo vs. 2 up.
They are stiff. I'm going to give it 500 to 600 miles before I call DJ or George to adjust them.
They are much better than factory air on my 05 ultra. I even changed the fluid on my factory air and put a valve in each shock to eliminate lines and fittings.
I can tell you a better back end will really magnify a poor front end.
I have progressive monotubes ready for install when I get time (thanks HogPro!)

Coworker has #6 ohlins with rezzies from Howard. He is still dialing them in as well.

I think the best thing to do is call a few people, gauge your level of comfort in talking to them and go from there.

I am certain Howard has a fine product. I also know his attitude and demeanor are very similar to mine. I didn't go with Pro-Action for price, I went with them to try something different and from a company who has been in the suspension business a long time.

Think about how boring it would be if the MoCo only made 2 or 3 bikes, and the only color was vivid black.

Old 10-28-2015, 05:31 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,867 Likes on 2,429 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by banjoplayer2

The #2 that Buffalolake refers to are emulsion type shocks, the #3 are separated, the #6 have remote reservoirs. In addition the #3s have a simple damping adjuster, the #6 have 2-way adjustment. Also in numerical order they have progressively better damper components. Howard can build way more variations of shock length etc than Ohlins themselves supply.

Mrs B and I have #3s and we can travel further each day in greater comfort than ever before, yet still feel we can carry on. Our Ohlins have removed ride comfort from the things that limit how far and often we ride. The shocks give a smoother ride and have never bottomed out, regardless of what we have hit. Our all-up rolling weight on trips is close to the bike's max.

Quick Reply: Touring Shocks