Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Touring Shocks

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2015, 11:13 AM
Geezr Glidr
Grand HDF Member
Received 264 Likes on 131 Posts

I'm on the same page as you, HDJoeK. There's gotta be "something decent" out there.

I'm on a 2011 Limited Ultra. Earlier this spring I went with Harley Premium shocks. I have about 10K miles on them, and I'm not impressed. Is there a noticeable difference with the Ohlins? If there really is, I won't mess around with the other stuff. I'll just go right to Ohlins. What about the monotube things in front? Can you tell the difference with those also?

Old 10-26-2015, 12:03 PM
tj316
Stellar HDF Member
Received 480 Likes on 126 Posts

I've used Progessive , Ricor , JRi and Ohlins . Ohlins is the best available and priced in line with other custom built shocks.

Old 10-26-2015, 12:16 PM
dixonk
Extreme HDF Member

Received 7,508 Likes on 3,579 Posts

Originally Posted by Geezr Glidr
I'm on the same page as you, HDJoeK. There's gotta be "something decent" out there.

I'm on a 2011 Limited Ultra. Earlier this spring I went with Harley Premium shocks. I have about 10K miles on them, and I'm not impressed. Is there a noticeable difference with the Ohlins? If there really is, I won't mess around with the other stuff. I'll just go right to Ohlins. What about the monotube things in front? Can you tell the difference with those also?
I have an ongoing thread about my switch from HD premium to Ohlins. The difference is profound. Do not waste your time with the premiums as you will wish you went with the custom Ohlins. My wife's comment on the Ohlins is that if we would have had them on from the beginning we would have double the mileage on the bike already.

Old 10-26-2015, 12:56 PM
Sixgunjr
Cruiser
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Just put 944 ultra shocks on my RGU, I'm happy. Lowered 1 inch without compromising shock travel. 944 ultra low would give you 1 inch lower or ultra would be the same.
No more air and yes, its a better ride. Haven't got to go 2 up yet.
Less then an hour install.

Old 10-26-2015, 03:08 PM
PhatTerry
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ohlins are by far the best imho. Any shock made for your weight and riding style are going to be far better than an off the shelf shock say like a Progressive, etc. That said, the 944's are a hell of a step up from stock and surely not bad by any means.

We carry both brands. Our Ohlins shocks are custom made to order by Ohlin's USA.

Old 10-26-2015, 04:11 PM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,867 Likes on 2,429 Posts

This shocks thread has the same things in common with most others - this topic being one of the most popular on HDF! Few members who comment mention if they are riding solo or 2-up. If you ride mostly solo then some of the brands mentioned may give you what you want. If you routinely carry the most important passenger in the world, don't cut corners! She gets a very different riding experience back there, so buy once, buy Ohlins.

Old 10-27-2015, 08:14 AM
InthewindMN
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 238 Likes on 210 Posts

I see a lot of posts saying the Ohlins are better than Progressive but not much talk about the Legend Revo and Revo A. Anyone have input on those?

Old 10-27-2015, 09:10 AM
Streetrunner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 51 Likes on 26 Posts

The verdict regarding my Legend Revo-A shocks is in. They are new, I thought they rode stiff and the pre-load on the springs was extremely hard to set, couldn't turn them. Legend wanted to take a look at them.
They found bur's on both springs that were impeding the turning of the pre-load also one of the shocks had a piston out of spec that was affecting the rebound. Let you know how they ride when I get them back.

Last edited by Streetrunner; 10-27-2015 at 09:41 AM.
Old 10-27-2015, 11:00 AM
VTwinJaxFL
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Check out Super Shox http://supershox.com, they offer a 30 day money back guarantee, so if you don't like them send them back. I'm trying them, they will be in on Friday. I have heard good things about these shocks, made in the USA and apparently are very nice.

Old 10-27-2015, 01:45 PM
wscott
Road Warrior
Received 137 Likes on 121 Posts

watching.

Quick Reply: Touring Shocks