Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Special pump for airshocks?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2005, 10:26 AM
turbo38sfi
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Special pump for airshocks?

The valves on the shockes seem to be shorter so a regular air chuck does not work. Is there a nice super expensive pump that HD sells to check this? I've got an air compressor with a regulator on it that I could drop to 5psi to do this, but the chuck doesn't seem to work.

Thanks

Old 09-23-2005, 10:30 AM
SCBGR
Cruiser
Default RE: Special pump for airshocks?

i bought the pump when i was on the road and needed to adjust the shocks riding two up, it works well and is small enough to carry in your bag all the time. Like everything else the company sells its a bit on the pricey side. I think I paid $30.

Old 09-23-2005, 10:51 AM
turbo38sfi
Road Master

I hear ya. Actually $30 isn't too bad. Am I right though in that the air chuck is slightly more shallow? I was riding 2 up last night and noticed what a different ride it has w/more weight...I need to check it out..

Old 09-23-2005, 10:52 AM
SteveO
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't use a compressor at all! The air surge (volume) even at low pressure will blow out the shocks. The HD pump is designed to pump a very low volume and not damage the shocks. Believe it or not the HD pump is less money than the progressive pump.

Steve

Old 09-23-2005, 10:57 AM
turbo38sfi
Road Master

Thanks, I will check online to see what it looks like and take a trip to the dealer tonight.

Old 09-23-2005, 10:59 AM
turbo38sfi
Road Master

Found it:
Touring Suspension Air Pump

This pump was designed to allow safe and simple adjustment of the front and rear air suspension on Touring motorcycles. Unlike a bicycle pump or a fuel station air hose, the hand operated pump with controllable "micro bleed" valve allows precise adjustment to air volume, and the "no loss" air connector maintains shock pressure when the fitting is removed. The 4.5" swivel air hose simplifies valve stem attachment. The aluminum housing is compact, lightweight and durable, and fits easily into your bag for "on-the-road" adjustments. The high quality 0-60 psi gauge ensures accurate air pressure.

54630-03A

For use with Touring Air Suspension components. Pump picture

MSRP US $39.95

Old 09-23-2005, 11:34 AM
kar
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought the H-D air pump and it works good. However, when I had the detachable King Tour Pak installed the air fill was moved to a lower position. Before, with the H-D pump, I could adjust the shocks without removing the hard bag on my Road Glide. Now I have to remove the bag to make adjustments. Anyone know of any kind of extender kit for the air fill?

BTW, I think I paid around $35.00 for my pump.

Thanks,
Ken

Old 09-23-2005, 11:36 AM
HDF Tech
Banned
Received 152 Likes on 43 Posts

You may find that the washer and nut on the valve are what are causing the problem with not being able to fit the air chuck on the valve. It was a problem for most that if you either grind down the nut to half it's thickness or just find a thinner one your problem disappears.

Old 09-23-2005, 12:12 PM
kar
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought the H-D air pump and it works good. However, when I had the detachable King Tour Pak installed the air fill was moved to a lower position. Before, with the H-D pump, I could adjust the shocks without removing the hard bag on my Road Glide. Now I have to remove the bag to make adjustments. Anyone know of any kind of extender kit for the air fill?

BTW, I think I paid around $35.00 for my pump.

Thanks,
Ken

Old 09-23-2005, 01:58 PM
Big Ted
Road Master

Wierd. Double post with the answer in between the double post????

Quick Reply: Special pump for airshocks?