Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tick GONE!!! ROCKOUT Rocker Shaft Inserts!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2015, 07:52 PM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor
Received 1,635 Likes on 1,180 Posts

Originally Posted by Just Me
Ah, how about a recall and give Rockout 5 million for the idea?
I like your thought process.

Also on amazon.com...
Imitated, never equaled... ROCKOUTS!

Old 10-13-2015, 10:53 PM
D W K
Road Captain
Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

I pulled my rockers and found lots of witness marks on the front rockers. The rears looked perfect. Just a side note for those installing these. Make sure everything is lined up perfect. If not the insert will knurl up. I had 2 kits and needed both because the front 2 buggered up when I tried to hammer the bolt in and when I tried to draw it in with the nut. I'm sure they would have been fine but since I had a second kit I started fresh. For me starting the bushing in the hole and then using my bench vice to push it in yielded the cleanest press fit.

The down side is I cant even run the bike to test them out. I have the bars pulled for a swap and waiting on replacement bars.

Old 10-14-2015, 06:43 AM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor

Originally Posted by D W K
I pulled my rockers and found lots of witness marks on the front rockers. The rears looked perfect. Just a side note for those installing these. Make sure everything is lined up perfect. If not the insert will knurl up. I had 2 kits and needed both because the front 2 buggered up when I tried to hammer the bolt in and when I tried to draw it in with the nut. I'm sure they would have been fine but since I had a second kit I started fresh. For me starting the bushing in the hole and then using my bench vice to push it in yielded the cleanest press fit.

The down side is I cant even run the bike to test them out. I have the bars pulled for a swap and waiting on replacement bars.

If those were my ROCKOUT kits please PM me and I will have replacement inserts off to you tomorrow.

Thanks for posting your tip.

Old 10-14-2015, 09:12 AM
Bmusg
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I had a similar issue with the Rocker Locker in that one of the inserts seem to have less taper. I was able to very slightly radius the bolt hole with a large drill bit and didn't end up damaging the insert. No big issue but I probably would have screwed it up if I tried to force it. For $15, I don't mind working with something a little bit.

Old 10-14-2015, 09:45 AM
Eunoterpsia
Road Captain
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

havent installed my Rockouts yet, but I'm getting excited! I'm waiting on 8 new bolts and the gaskets! got my can of air... pulled the tank so... I will just wait for a couple more days.

Old 10-14-2015, 01:50 PM
D W K
Road Captain
Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

PM sent.

Now I'm questioning going back in. I did not use thread locker on the rocker bolts. I didn't see any coming out so I decided there shouldn't be any on them. The rocker covers had some, so I cleaned and reapplied there.

Old 10-14-2015, 03:11 PM
glider1993
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Makdaddy
What and admit they had a known problem
Move along here, these are not the droids you are looking for
You'll do realize that was a joke. I'm happy for the guy to come out with a product to help us all out. Someone at Harley engineering should have caught that but all they are worried about is the stupid looking flame stickers on the new bikes.

Old 10-14-2015, 03:37 PM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor

PM sent.

Now I'm questioning going back in. I did not use thread locker on the rocker bolts. I didn't see any coming out so I decided there shouldn't be any on them. The rocker covers had some, so I cleaned and reapplied there.
Sorry, haven't gotten any PM.

Old 10-14-2015, 03:39 PM
Makdaddy
Road Master
Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by glider1993
You'll do realize that was a joke. I'm happy for the guy to come out with a product to help us all out. Someone at Harley engineering should have caught that but all they are worried about is the stupid looking flame stickers on the new bikes.

Agreed

Old 10-14-2015, 03:41 PM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor

Just a note to all....

Please be clear about the brand of inserts you are having issues with. Mine are ROCKOUT brand, sold directly from me or through amazon.com. Formerly under the name of Bikerscum Products.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Tick GONE!!! ROCKOUT Rocker Shaft Inserts!!!!!!