Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tick GONE!!! ROCKOUT Rocker Shaft Inserts!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2015, 01:13 AM
xwhyz1959
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 1,782 Likes on 530 Posts

Will these fit a 2008 FXSTC?

Old 10-11-2015, 11:09 AM
Old Road Toad
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bump...........

Old 10-11-2015, 11:29 AM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor
Received 1,635 Likes on 1,180 Posts

Originally Posted by xwhyz1959
Will these fit a 2008 FXSTC?
ROCKOUTS are for all Harley Twin Cam engines.

Also on amazon.com...
Imitated, never equaled... ROCKOUTS!

Old 10-11-2015, 05:24 PM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor

Just a quick note about buying on amazon...

Seems their current supply sold out. There are more in a truck a few miles from their warehouse.... will be there tonight or tomorrow. In the meantime you can always order direct at the email address below.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks as always for your support.

Old 10-11-2015, 05:37 PM
wscott
Road Warrior
Received 137 Likes on 121 Posts

Installed them on my stock 09 tc-96" that now has 17,500 miles on and all went well.

I was surprised i could bearly see any witness marks on the bolts that retain the rocker shafts when i removed them.

Even though there didnt seem to be much if any witness marks on the bolts i figured i may as well still install the bushings which went just fine.

I got the valve train running approx 85-90% quieter after i switched to spectro oil for HD's after that installed wards cooling fans & untracool oil cooler with dual elec cooling fans that reduced oil temp 50+ deg that made the biggest reduction in valve noise .

But there was still a low lvl (5-10%) of suttle clicky ticky metallic noise at times i couod with stock quiet pipes that the rocker bushings seem'd to take care of even though i didnt see much if an witness marks which was good.

While i had valve covers off i hit them with semichrome and then waxed then prior to reintsall,they look like new!

Then while fuel tank was off with bike going on 7yrs old i decided to change the plug wires while i was at it because i couldn't get my fingers on the front plug wire with tank on so swapped them out.

I slit rubber tubing and slid it over the plug wir4es where they were close to engine heat and or rubbed on engine or frame.

I also installed a new set of HD's DBL Platinum perf plugs of stock heat range that are much more resistant to gap erosion then std or single plat plugs are and will go 40-50k miles NP as long i keep up on air filter & oil change maint too.

Scott

Old 10-12-2015, 06:18 PM
porschemann
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default rock out

So, once installed how do you remove them to be able to pull the shaft in the future? From the description, its a tapered crush sleeve that goes inside the bolt hole, I get that, but how does it come out in the future. With the sleeve pressed in there with the bolt, it presses into the rocker shaft groove correct?

Old 10-12-2015, 06:45 PM
BJB
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Just a quick note about buying on amazon...

Seems their current supply sold out. There are more in a truck a few miles from their warehouse.... will be there tonight or tomorrow. In the meantime you can always order direct at the email address below.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks as always for your support.
Didn't read this post. Tried to order earlier today from Amazon. Went to the link and ordered them there. Very fast and easy. Looking forward to putting them on my '13 bagger. It sounds like a cornpicker.

Old 10-12-2015, 08:10 PM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor

Originally Posted by porschemann
So, once installed how do you remove them to be able to pull the shaft in the future? From the description, its a tapered crush sleeve that goes inside the bolt hole, I get that, but how does it come out in the future. With the sleeve pressed in there with the bolt, it presses into the rocker shaft groove correct?
To remove them you tap them out from the bottom. They'll come right out but might well be damaged.

You would only have to remove them at all if you need to disassemble the rocker arms/shafts.

Old 10-12-2015, 08:15 PM
dforeid
Road Captain
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Just to be clear... yours were rocker locker brand and not ROCKOUTS?

Thanks.
Yes, ours were the ROCKOUT units and purchased on Amazon. Now I am realizing there are actually two different products out there.... ROCKOUTS and Rocker Lockers? I guess there are two different products and suppliers. My original creation of this thread were all about the ROCKOUT product available on Amazon. Worked great and very happy with the results. Sorry if this has created some sort of confusion on the two different offerings...

Last edited by dforeid; 10-12-2015 at 08:20 PM.
Old 10-12-2015, 08:27 PM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor

Originally Posted by dforeid
Yes, ours were the ROCKOUT units and purchased on Amazon. Now I am realizing there are actually two different products out there.... ROCKOUTS and Rocker Lockers? I guess there are two different products and suppliers. My original creation of this thread were all about the ROCKOUT product available on Amazon. Worked great and very happy with the results. Sorry if this has created some sort of confusion on the two different offerings...
And now I have a new name lol

Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Tick GONE!!! ROCKOUT Rocker Shaft Inserts!!!!!!