Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tick GONE!!! ROCKOUT Rocker Shaft Inserts!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2016, 06:39 PM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor
Received 1,635 Likes on 1,180 Posts

Originally Posted by Custardglide
Got my Rockouts from John back end of last year and installed them, (install was easy, they went in like butter) Rode bike for first time this year and guess what....2200rpm.... NO TAPPING!!!! Now to spread the word over here in UK!!!!! Cheers John

Ady
Hi Ady,

Great news from across the pond for sure!

Just off the top of my head, Rockouts are now in the UK, Spain, Germany, Australia, Thailand, Sweden, Canada, Finland, the list keeps growing.

Thanks for helping to spread the word

John @ Rockout.

Also on amazon.com...
Imitated, never equaled... ROCKOUTS!

Old 04-30-2016, 07:34 PM
Dharn55
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Finished the install of Rockouts on our 2001 RKC with 54k miles. It had a pretty intense noise that lifters and tensioners had not solved. We started it up and the noise seems to be gone. It is chilly and raining hard today so we did not ride it but it sure seems to have eliminated the tapping sound that was quite loud.

Old 05-03-2016, 06:58 AM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Dharn55
Finished the install of Rockouts on our 2001 RKC with 54k miles. It had a pretty intense noise that lifters and tensioners had not solved. We started it up and the noise seems to be gone. It is chilly and raining hard today so we did not ride it but it sure seems to have eliminated the tapping sound that was quite loud.
Thanks for the update, glad to hear the Rockouts worked well for you.

Seems like it ALWAYS rains right when you want to do a test ride lol.

John @ Rockout

__________________________________________________ ____
For ROCKOUT information & purchasing please click the LINKS below...

Old 05-18-2016, 05:05 AM
Badbagger09
Road Master
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

I had installed the rocker lockers last year (fall) and had great success with the reduction of the ticking noise. So I decided to buy a set for my wife's 2014 CVO Deluxe. I actually purchased a set of Rockouts and had the dealer install or attempt to install them last week. I got a call that they couldn't install them because the sleeve stuck on the bolt damaging two sleeves. The dealer had installed the rocker lockers on my ride and they were stocking them. They installed the rocker lockers without issue. I did ask if the the rockouts were made for a softail before i purchased. Don't know why they stuck on the bolt but my wife is happy with the reduction of the ticking noise.

Old 05-18-2016, 06:42 AM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor

I'm sorry the Rockouts didn't work out for you. I can't imagine why your dealer would have issues, countless folks here, and here... https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...t-inserts.html have had no problems. The issue you describe has never been reported in thousands & thousands of Rockout installations. I wonder if there was some confusion as to how the inserts work... being a very close, even slightly tight fit on the bolts is part of the solution, not the problem.

If you'll PM me your PP address I'll issue a refund for your purchase.

John @ Rockout.

Last edited by ROCKOUT Rocker Products; 05-18-2016 at 11:07 AM.
Old 05-18-2016, 11:25 AM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 4,406 Likes on 2,029 Posts

Originally Posted by Badbagger09
I had installed the rocker lockers last year (fall) and had great success with the reduction of the ticking noise. So I decided to buy a set for my wife's 2014 CVO Deluxe. I actually purchased a set of Rockouts and had the dealer install or attempt to install them last week. I got a call that they couldn't install them because the sleeve stuck on the bolt damaging two sleeves. The dealer had installed the rocker lockers on my ride and they were stocking them. They installed the rocker lockers without issue. I did ask if the the rockouts were made for a softail before i purchased. Don't know why they stuck on the bolt but my wife is happy with the reduction of the ticking noise.
10-1 odds the "dealer" installed them upside down.

Old 05-18-2016, 11:58 AM
roussfam
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,217 Likes on 3,751 Posts

Originally Posted by perki48
10-1 odds the "dealer" installed them upside down.
That....

Old 05-21-2016, 07:32 PM
The Q
Road Warrior
Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts

Bought a set of these off Amazon and installed them. Haven't had a chance to take a ride yet, but fired it up and seemed quieter! I like how the locker makes the rocker pedestal fit tight on the bolts.

The following users liked this post:
ROCKOUT Rocker Products (05-21-2016)
Old 05-21-2016, 08:19 PM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor

Originally Posted by The Q
Bought a set of these off Amazon and installed them. Haven't had a chance to take a ride yet, but fired it up and seemed quieter! I like how the locker makes the rocker pedestal fit tight on the bolts.

Thanks man, glad to hear the Rockouts worked out for you

Beautiful bike BTW

John @ Rockout

__________________________________________________ ____
For ROCKOUT information & purchasing please click the LINKS below...

Old 05-22-2016, 07:20 AM
RFG7680
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,280 Likes on 733 Posts

My 2011 was horrendous with 590 cams it was a lost unbearable. I was annoyed every time I rode.

What a difference. Not a small difference. A huge difference. Thanks. Couldn't be happier.

Quick Reply: Tick GONE!!! ROCKOUT Rocker Shaft Inserts!!!!!!