Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tick GONE!!! ROCKOUT Rocker Shaft Inserts!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2016, 11:08 PM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor
Received 1,635 Likes on 1,180 Posts

Originally Posted by equandt

Thank you very much for posting that.... clears it up once & for all.

__________________________________________________ ____
For ROCKOUT information & purchasing please click the LINKS below...

Also on amazon.com...
Imitated, never equaled... ROCKOUTS!

Old 04-26-2016, 04:40 AM
Dharn55
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I had a slight problem with the installation that caused one of the sleeves to distort, really a mistake on my part not the product. I ordered a new set and posted here about the issue. The next thing I know I received a private message apologizing for the problem and a refund of the charge. What can I say, John and his company are a class act and epitomize the meaning of customer service! If only all companies and their owners were like John!

The following users liked this post:
Bigiron (04-26-2016)
Old 04-26-2016, 04:15 PM
brohoss
Tourer
Veteran: Navy
Received 61 Likes on 42 Posts

i bought 2 sets last nite. shipped today. dont now when i will get them installed, but looking forward to it. thanks for helping me spend more cash..lol

Old 04-26-2016, 07:59 PM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor

Thanks brother

Don't forget to swing back by & let us know how they work out when you get them installed.

John @ Rockout.

Old 04-26-2016, 09:34 PM
WrenchinRider
Tourer
Received 98 Likes on 49 Posts

I purchased and installed a set this winter, while also upgrading my TC88 to the hydraulic tensioners. I was hoping, expecting some noise reduction. After firing it up and going for a ride, I'm extremely impressed with the results. Sound's like an engine should. No more annoying ticking heard even with the windshield installed. Great product, great instructions. Thanks .

Old 04-26-2016, 10:22 PM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor

Originally Posted by WrenchinRider
I purchased and installed a set this winter, while also upgrading my TC88 to the hydraulic tensioners. I was hoping, expecting some noise reduction. After firing it up and going for a ride, I'm extremely impressed with the results. Sound's like an engine should. No more annoying ticking heard even with the windshield installed. Great product, great instructions. Thanks .
Thanks man, I really appreciate your support & taking time to share your experience. Just in time for a tap free summer!

John @ Rockout

Old 04-29-2016, 10:55 AM
hog.ryder
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I purchased a set of the Rockout inserts for my 2010 Ultra not being sure if they would help with over 82,000 miles on the clock.

Removed rear rocker arm assembly first and found both rocker shafts seized in the base and thought for sure that my rattle was something else other than the shaft hitting the bolts. Continued on with the installation of the inserts by tapping a steel rod of the same size of the bolt hole from the bottom side to line up the shafts and moved to the front rocker assembly. Found same issue with the shafts seized as on the rear assembly so repeated the process of lining the shaft up and installed the inserts.

Even though my shafts were seized in the assembly's at room temp, they must free up when at operating temp because my motor has never been this quite since new.

I'm a believer in these inserts now and will be purchasing two more sets for the other two Harley's in my garage!

Old 04-29-2016, 11:10 AM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor

Originally Posted by hog.ryder
I purchased a set of the Rockout inserts for my 2010 Ultra not being sure if they would help with over 82,000 miles on the clock.

Removed rear rocker arm assembly first and found both rocker shafts seized in the base and thought for sure that my rattle was something else other than the shaft hitting the bolts. Continued on with the installation of the inserts by tapping a steel rod of the same size of the bolt hole from the bottom side to line up the shafts and moved to the front rocker assembly. Found same issue with the shafts seized as on the rear assembly so repeated the process of lining the shaft up and installed the inserts.

Even though my shafts were seized in the assembly's at room temp, they must free up when at operating temp because my motor has never been this quite since new.

I'm a believer in these inserts now and will be purchasing two more sets for the other two Harley's in my garage!
Thanks Steve both for the purchase & the follow up. It's not the first time users have found success with Rockouts even with no apparent marks on the bolts, tight shafts etc. As you say, the aluminum heats up/expands much more than the steel shafts.

Have a safe, tap free riding season!

John @ Rockout.

Old 04-29-2016, 11:28 AM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,313 Likes on 1,861 Posts

Originally Posted by ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Thanks Steve both for the purchase & the follow up. It's not the first time users have found success with Rockouts even with no apparent marks on the bolts, tight shafts etc. As you say, the aluminum heats up/expands much more than the steel shafts.

Have a safe, tap free riding season!

John @ Rockout.
Hmm..."tight shafts"

That's a good thing...right?

Old 04-29-2016, 12:27 PM
Custardglide
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Got my Rockouts from John back end of last year and installed them, (install was easy, they went in like butter) Rode bike for first time this year and guess what....2200rpm.... NO TAPPING!!!! Now to spread the word over here in UK!!!!! Cheers John

Ady

Quick Reply: Tick GONE!!! ROCKOUT Rocker Shaft Inserts!!!!!!