Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tick GONE!!! ROCKOUT Rocker Shaft Inserts!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 12:53 AM
oleboy
Road Master
Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by oleboy
I'm gonna try and get my old lady to let me use my torque stick tonight! I'll let you guys know how much flex I get. lol

I bought and installed the Rockout shaft inserts about a month ago. They work as advertised. I couldn't be happier with the product.
No torque stick flex at the front door, a little flex initially at the back door. lol

Old 03-16-2016, 04:23 AM
Rustrtal
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts

How do you get the shafts out if needed in the future? I'm assuming these sleeves would need to be pressed out correct?

Old 03-16-2016, 06:34 AM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor
Received 1,635 Likes on 1,180 Posts

They just tap out from the bottom side. You'll need a round punch with a sharp, flat end that will catch the edge of the insert. Sometimes they are reusable, sometimes not if the edge gets bent.

The only time you would ever need to remove them is to change rockers or shafts, otherwise the whole support assembly comes out & goes back in as a unit.

__________________________________________________ ____
For ROCKOUT information & purchasing please click the links below...

Also on amazon.com...
Imitated, never equaled... ROCKOUTS!

Old 03-18-2016, 04:04 PM
roussfam
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,217 Likes on 3,751 Posts

Had this posted somewhere else, figured I repost it here....

Didn't have any noise from my 07 FLHT, but I figured for $15 what the heck it would give me an excuse to drill out my oil return passages.

What I noticed was that my rocker shafts were not very loose in their bore. I could give them a light tap with a soft face hammer and they would move, but they were not loose enough to rotate with my fingers.

Drilled out the oil return passages, and installed a new breather/gasket kit. Did the rear cyl first, as it's a real Pita, access wise (on a touring anyway) . Then the front went superfast. Pretty neat product, and detailed instructions.

I remember, 3 harleys ago I installed a set of cams and I guess I didn't have one of the pushrods sitting properly in it's pocket when I was done with the rear rocker arm support plate. When I went to rotate the tire by hand (up on stands) to get the front cyl at TDC...I felt/heard the rear piston touch the valve.

Now I always pay particular attention and gently rotate the rear tire a few turns when ever I have reinstalled a rocker support plate.

Anyways, two thumbs up for Rockouts

Old 03-18-2016, 05:32 PM
Rat Trap
Tourer
Received 52 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by roussfam
Drilled out the oil return passages
I've done a few searches and cant find much info on this (yes I'm drinking so go easy on me). Do you have any links? I want to know more about this. I already have the lock outs and I will probably do them in the near future.

Old 03-18-2016, 05:37 PM
roussfam
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,217 Likes on 3,751 Posts

I just googled it but basically under your breathers are two drain holes in the rocker support plate. Drill them out to 1/8 max. I chose 7/64

Jim

Old 03-18-2016, 06:02 PM
skydude426
Club Member
Received 389 Likes on 225 Posts

I don't remember were, but I read somewhere to drill them out to .089 inches so that's what I did.

Old 03-19-2016, 05:22 AM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor
Received 1,635 Likes on 1,180 Posts

Originally Posted by roussfam
Had this posted somewhere else, figured I repost it here....

Didn't have any noise from my 07 FLHT, but I figured for $15 what the heck it would give me an excuse to drill out my oil return passages.

What I noticed was that my rocker shafts were not very loose in their bore. I could give them a light tap with a soft face hammer and they would move, but they were not loose enough to rotate with my fingers.

Drilled out the oil return passages, and installed a new breather/gasket kit. Did the rear cyl first, as it's a real Pita, access wise (on a touring anyway) . Then the front went superfast. Pretty neat product, and detailed instructions.

I remember, 3 harleys ago I installed a set of cams and I guess I didn't have one of the pushrods sitting properly in it's pocket when I was done with the rear rocker arm support plate. When I went to rotate the tire by hand (up on stands) to get the front cyl at TDC...I felt/heard the rear piston touch the valve.

Now I always pay particular attention and gently rotate the rear tire a few turns when ever I have reinstalled a rocker support plate.

Anyways, two thumbs up for Rockouts

Thanks man, appreciate the feedback.

On the rear cylinder, it helps to loosen the bolts all the way, but leave them in. Remove the whole thing bolts & all as an assembly.

__________________________________________________ ____
For ROCKOUT information & purchasing please click the links below...

Old 03-19-2016, 08:45 AM
TwoBlue02
Road Captain
Received 56 Likes on 35 Posts

I have an 02 without the fast disconnect of the fuel lines. What type of issues am I in for when I try to install these? Best to get my indy to do it?

Old 03-19-2016, 09:21 AM
skydude426
Club Member
Received 389 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by TwoBlue02
I have an 02 without the fast disconnect of the fuel lines. What type of issues am I in for when I try to install these? Best to get my indy to do it?
I bought a 12 volt fuel transfer pump so I can suck most of the fuel out before disconnecting the crossover line. You might still make a small mess, just have some rags handy. Buy a new crossover line that uses compression type connectors. I think Harley sells one. I bought one from Drag Specialties.

The following users liked this post:
ROCKOUT Rocker Products (03-19-2016)

Quick Reply: Tick GONE!!! ROCKOUT Rocker Shaft Inserts!!!!!!