Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tick GONE!!! ROCKOUT Rocker Shaft Inserts!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2016, 06:57 AM
Bumpandrun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 416 Likes on 297 Posts

Originally Posted by ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Here's a pic from a helpful user on another forum that (I think) explains what smokey is referring to...

__________________________________________________ ____
For ROCKOUT information & purchasing please click the links below...
That's just too funny to even comment on. Go show a good engine builder that one if u want a laugh.

The following users liked this post:
Makdaddy (03-15-2016)
Old 03-15-2016, 09:13 AM
skydude426
Club Member
Received 389 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by Bumpandrun
Could be a great product but using your online calculator? Really? I can take 4 different brands of just 1/2 or 3/8 drive extensions and get torque numbers all over the place. Claw foot if us the same one time and again no problem. If u check it.... Using a wrench? Yikes. Engine builders would have a field day with that calculator. Just think of torquing wheels with torque sticks( if u know what they are) The online calculator is seriously flawed.....takes into account nothing if material. Lmao
What formula do you use for torque calculations when using a torque adapter or crows foot wrench?

Old 03-15-2016, 11:09 AM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor
Received 1,635 Likes on 1,180 Posts

That's just too funny to even comment on. Go show a good engine builder that one if u want a laugh.
Well, as I said in my original post, that is not my pic..... it came from a respected & knowledgeable tech over on the HTT forum. The pros there seemed to think it's a valid method. I only included it to try to visually explain a previous poster here's thoughts.

I see you edited your other post. So I guess I'll ask as the previous guy did... if the calculator is flawed, what formula do you use for an offset torque adapter?

Thanks.

Also on amazon.com...
Imitated, never equaled... ROCKOUTS!

Old 03-15-2016, 12:07 PM
skydude426
Club Member
Received 389 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Well, as I said in my original post, that is not my pic..... it came from a respected & knowledgeable tech over on the HTT forum. The pros there seemed to think it's a valid method. I only included it to try to visually explain a previous poster here's thoughts. I see you edited your other post. So I guess I'll ask as the previous guy did... if the calculator is flawed, what formula do you use for an offset torque adapter? Thanks.
Here's a link to another torque calculation formula. It's the same formula that the calculator link you posted uses. If you use the same numbers with this formula that you plug into the calculator you posted, you will get the same results. In both cases, having the torque adapter at 90 degrees to the handle has no effect on the torque wrench setting.

http://www.dmctools.com/Products/tor...on_charts.html

Old 03-15-2016, 01:07 PM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor
Received 1,635 Likes on 1,180 Posts

Originally Posted by skydude426
Here's a link to another torque calculation formula. It's the same formula that the calculator link you posted uses. If you use the same numbers with this formula that you plug into the calculator you posted, you will get the same results. In both cases, having the torque adapter at 90 degrees to the handle has no effect on the torque wrench setting.

http://www.dmctools.com/Products/tor...on_charts.html

Thanks man, no such thing as too much information.

Old 03-15-2016, 01:23 PM
beary
Grand HDF Member
Received 283 Likes on 188 Posts

You are trying hard to be the smartest guy in the room, but you haven't presented anything to impress us.

Beary

Old 03-15-2016, 02:41 PM
davidwruth
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 153 Likes on 100 Posts

Ok just Oreos mine been hearing it he tick for some time and when dealers tell you it's normal. Guess there right. Hope to be a member of the club soon

Old 03-15-2016, 02:41 PM
davidwruth
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 153 Likes on 100 Posts

Ordered. Hate fat fingers

Old 03-15-2016, 02:44 PM
Bumpandrun
Outstanding HDF Member

If I need to explain it too u......... You will never understand it
As far as edited ...... Not me.
Use your head for something other than a hat rack. HINT every wrench. Every extension every crows foot. They are all made to and exact spec for flex.
Go see your local town fair tire dummy he will explain torque sticks too u.......u won't get it
Lmfao. Follow the sheep my friend!!

Old 03-15-2016, 02:45 PM
Bumpandrun
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by beary
You are trying hard to be the smartest guy in the room, but you haven't presented anything to impress us.

Beary
Don't need too. Lmfao.

Quick Reply: Tick GONE!!! ROCKOUT Rocker Shaft Inserts!!!!!!