Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tick GONE!!! ROCKOUT Rocker Shaft Inserts!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2016, 09:17 AM
0lowrider1
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Ok..I installed these rock out rocker lockers in my 13 flhx. Bike had a lil over 11000 on her.always had a lil ticking between 2300-2800 rpm, now after installing these it's gone,really quiet,still hear the usual noise engine noise ,that's because it's air cooled,but I'm happy with results.put around 200 on her yesterday and all quiet.no tapping.i have another set to go in my 01 dyna fxdl.I ts silly when you think about it,why can't moco take care of this.i appreciate your product John.hope you have great success.better say something about install. Install straight forward,it's a pita on a bagger, rear is for sure,but worth the effort,wanted to change p rod tubes to gloss black,had to change cam bearings anyway,have solid prods,so anyway,pretty easy,good directions,even supplied o rings for breather,extra nut and washer for install,good price point,will probably install these in every cam change,just wish I would've installed a set of rollers ..lol..Thanks for the product...

Last edited by 0lowrider1; 02-21-2016 at 09:21 AM.
Old 02-21-2016, 09:33 AM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor
Received 1,635 Likes on 1,180 Posts

Originally Posted by 0lowrider1
Ok..I installed these rock out rocker lockers in my 13 flhx. Bike had a lil over 11000 on her.always had a lil ticking between 2300-2800 rpm, now after installing these it's gone,really quiet,still hear the usual noise engine noise ,that's because it's air cooled,but I'm happy with results.put around 200 on her yesterday and all quiet.no tapping.i have another set to go in my 01 dyna fxdl.I ts silly when you think about it,why can't moco take care of this.i appreciate your product John.hope you have great success.better say something about install. Install straight forward,it's a pita on a bagger, rear is for sure,but worth the effort,wanted to change p rod tubes to gloss black,had to change cam bearings anyway,have solid prods,so anyway,pretty easy,good directions,even supplied o rings for breather,extra nut and washer for install,good price point,will probably install these in every cam change,just wish I would've installed a set of rollers ..lol..Thanks for the product...

Thanks for your support, and for taking the time to share your experience. It's always great to wake up to a post from another tap free customer!

Ride safe out there

John @ Rockout.

__________________________________________________ ____
For ROCKOUT information & purchasing please click the links below...

Also on amazon.com...
Imitated, never equaled... ROCKOUTS!

Old 02-21-2016, 06:46 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,540 Likes on 932 Posts
Default Tick GONE!!! ROCKOUT Rocker Shaft Inserts!!!!!!

I did mine today on my 09 Heritage. I started it yesterday but ran into a problem with the breather gaskets. When I took the breather bolts out and removed the breather the breather gaskets fell apart and I also had a tough time getting the inside breather bolt to clear the frame. While I was waiting for today to get the gaskets from Harley I tried reinstalling the bolt and it was a PITA to get back in. So I find out today at Harley that the gaskets are no longer available and an updated breather assembly is now replacing the gaskets as a kit. It was around$15 fot the kit which included two breathers. They now use shorter bolts and the breather plate is much shallower so it went in easily. I buttoned it up and took it for a spin and all was well. I did not have any witness marks at all on my bolts and it didn't seem like there was any play in the rocker shaft themselves. They were very tight. Time will tell when the weather gets warmer if they work for me. It would have been a simple 2 hour job but it turned into four hours because of the old style breather I had. But all is good and it didn't explode when I started it Here's a picture of the new style breather.

Attached Thumbnails Tick GONE!!! ROCKOUT Rocker Shaft Inserts!!!!!!-20160221_130111.jpg  

Last edited by golfblues; 02-21-2016 at 06:49 PM.
Old 02-21-2016, 06:59 PM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor

Hi GB,

Thank you very much for trying my Rockout kit. Yeah.... sometimes those bolts can be a bit tough to remove. Sometimes it's best to just loosen them all the way & remove everything as a unit when the supports come out.

Thanks again, & please let us know your results when you get a few miles on her.

John @ Rockout

Old 02-26-2016, 09:05 PM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,803 Likes on 9,866 Posts

Hey John, just a note to say this product rocks! Took the bike out for a somewhat extended ride this evening. Mixed surface street and highway riding. I have to say I can't believe how noisy the engine must have been and I just got used to it because it is incredibly quiet now. Just amazing.
Thanks for finding the answer.
Greg.

Old 02-26-2016, 09:41 PM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor

Originally Posted by QC
Hey John, just a note to say this product rocks! Took the bike out for a somewhat extended ride this evening. Mixed surface street and highway riding. I have to say I can't believe how noisy the engine must have been and I just got used to it because it is incredibly quiet now. Just amazing.
Thanks for finding the answer.
Greg.

Thanks Greg, so glad to hear that the Rockouts cured your tapping problem.

Thanks for the feedback..... it's always great to hear from you guys!!

Old 02-28-2016, 09:48 AM
Softy 103
Banned
Received 260 Likes on 168 Posts

where are you guys getting your dog bone wrenches to torque the rear rocker shafts, and is there a formula for adjusting the torque setting when using these

Old 02-28-2016, 09:56 AM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor

Dog bone wrenches are available lots of places.... Amazon for one (search for torque adapter). For torque, put the adapter 90* to the handle of the torque wrench, no correction factor is needed.

Last edited by ROCKOUT Rocker Products; 02-28-2016 at 09:59 AM.
Old 02-28-2016, 10:02 AM
Smokey Stover
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

I just used a 3/8 box end wrench with a 3/8 drive torque wrench. The torque is the same as long as the wrench is perpendicular or at 90 degrees to the torque wrench handle. Got some stainless 1/2 inch head hex bolts and sanded/polished them for the rocker box covers. As the stock ugly bolts are 7/16 and didn't have a combo of wrenches to torque them back to spec. Not really necessary just do em in sequence and don't over tighten and it won't leak.
Not a good pic, Blurry and a spec of dust looks like a blemish but you get the idea.

Last edited by Smokey Stover; 03-25-2016 at 08:43 AM. Reason: added photo
Old 02-28-2016, 10:02 AM
Softy 103
Banned
Received 260 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Dog bone wrenches are available lots of places.... Amazon for one (search for torque adapter). For torque, put the adapter 90* to the handle of the torque wrench, no correction factor is needed.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Tick GONE!!! ROCKOUT Rocker Shaft Inserts!!!!!!