Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tick GONE!!! ROCKOUT Rocker Shaft Inserts!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 04:47 PM
Makdaddy
Road Master
Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by boe1971200
Is this something I can do myself? What is involved? I do my own maintenance and other simple things to my bike but I have never tore in to the motor and I am no master mechanic by any stretch of the imagination.
If your skill levl is
#1 I can do maintenance change oil and change tires yadyada
#2 I have a bad wheel hub on my car and can replace it and will also redo all of the Brakes

If you are #1 get a mechanic to complete
If you are #2 step by step instructions will help you and you should be fine

so it can be an easy job , but it can also jack a lot of stuff up like bending a valve ect.

My 2 cents

Old 01-12-2016, 07:28 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,540 Likes on 932 Posts
Default Tick GONE!!! ROCKOUT Rocker Shaft Inserts!!!!!!

Last edited by golfblues; 02-21-2016 at 09:15 PM.
Old 01-12-2016, 09:16 PM
dnespolo
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm doing the 107" install kit, is it a good time to do the rockout too?

Old 01-12-2016, 09:18 PM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor
Received 1,635 Likes on 1,180 Posts

It's a perfect time... you'll have everything apart already

Also on amazon.com...
Imitated, never equaled... ROCKOUTS!

Old 01-13-2016, 03:06 AM
pitbulllimited
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just ordered mine from amazon. Should be in by tomorrow night, and I will still be waiting on parts to come back from powdercoating.

Old 01-13-2016, 06:36 AM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor

Thanks man, please let us know how they work out for you.

John @ Rockout.

Old 01-15-2016, 09:19 AM
Smokey Stover
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

So I finished my install of the ROCKOUTS along with the new breather kits and gaskets yesterday.
I would recommend getting them while your in there. The breather kit is re-designed, I hope that the new filter holds up better,Same with the gaskets for it. Just removing them broke the gaskets into pieces,Very brittle .Also the new bolts for the breather kits are shorter, Don't re-use the old bolts.
Anyways after a brief uh-oh moment, I had left the support plate for the rear head on the workbench overnight as I didn't have the dogbone adapter for my torque wrenches. The lifters or at least one of them had bled out and I had some clatter/tapping until they pumped up. I had heard that sound before when the bike was new a couple times so I didn't panic much. The manual even mentions it. But I shut it down after a few seconds and shot John a PM, He replied right away even though he was at work. He suggested popping the pushrod caps and checking the rods. I did and they were tight and straight. I was gonna pull the top off but I knew I had the valves and rods seated correctly.Fired it up again and all quiet.So I finally got out for a short test ride late in the day during rush hour traffic. Didn't hear the tapping and will go for a longer ride where I can focus on it better cruising at speed ASAP but I'm sure it's gone. As for the dogbone I improvised by using a box end wrench at 90* on the torque wrench. Worked fine getting at the 1/2" support plate bolts and the 3/8" breather bolts but the rocker cover bolts are 7/16". So I ran over to my local ACE Hardware and got a dozen stainless steel bolts with a 1/2" head, Had to shorten six 2" for the long ones, Sanded and polished the hell outta them. Worked great and look much better than the stock bolts.
So thanks to John and ROCKOUT Rocker Products they all don't do that!

Last edited by Smokey Stover; 01-15-2016 at 09:24 AM. Reason: spellin
Old 01-15-2016, 11:04 AM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Smokey Stover
So I finished my install of the ROCKOUTS along with the new breather kits and gaskets yesterday.
I would recommend getting them while your in there. The breather kit is re-designed, I hope that the new filter holds up better,Same with the gaskets for it. Just removing them broke the gaskets into pieces,Very brittle .Also the new bolts for the breather kits are shorter, Don't re-use the old bolts.
Anyways after a brief uh-oh moment, I had left the support plate for the rear head on the workbench overnight as I didn't have the dogbone adapter for my torque wrenches. The lifters or at least one of them had bled out and I had some clatter/tapping until they pumped up. I had heard that sound before when the bike was new a couple times so I didn't panic much. The manual even mentions it. But I shut it down after a few seconds and shot John a PM, He replied right away even though he was at work. He suggested popping the pushrod caps and checking the rods. I did and they were tight and straight. I was gonna pull the top off but I knew I had the valves and rods seated correctly.Fired it up again and all quiet.So I finally got out for a short test ride late in the day during rush hour traffic. Didn't hear the tapping and will go for a longer ride where I can focus on it better cruising at speed ASAP but I'm sure it's gone. As for the dogbone I improvised by using a box end wrench at 90* on the torque wrench. Worked fine getting at the 1/2" support plate bolts and the 3/8" breather bolts but the rocker cover bolts are 7/16". So I ran over to my local ACE Hardware and got a dozen stainless steel bolts with a 1/2" head, Had to shorten six 2" for the long ones, Sanded and polished the hell outta them. Worked great and look much better than the stock bolts.
So thanks to John and ROCKOUT Rocker Products they all don't do that!

Always great to hear from another tap free Rockout user!

Thanks for your support, and for taking the time to share your experience

John @ Rockout

Old 01-18-2016, 04:15 AM
Steel Wheels
Road Master
Received 296 Likes on 167 Posts

Another thumbs up here. Did my motor work and installed these at the same time; 100 mi. later all's well.

Thanks John. Good product.

Old 01-18-2016, 06:48 AM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor

Thanks man, always great to hear from another happy Rockout user!

John

Quick Reply: Tick GONE!!! ROCKOUT Rocker Shaft Inserts!!!!!!