Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tick GONE!!! ROCKOUT Rocker Shaft Inserts!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2016, 09:23 PM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor
Received 1,635 Likes on 1,180 Posts

Originally Posted by vbx07
I installed a set on my 07 SG. Made no difference. Glad it worked out for other folks.

Sorry they didn't work out for you VBX. There as a few different sources of valvetrain noise on these engines, yours must be coming from somewhere else. Did you happen to notice of you had the wear marks on your bolts when you had it apart? Curious also as to your setup.... cams... adjustable pushrods, etc. or stock?

Thanks for taking time to give your feedback, every bit of information helps going forward.

John @ Rockout.

Also on amazon.com...
Imitated, never equaled... ROCKOUTS!

Old 01-09-2016, 09:28 PM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor

Originally Posted by RadarFLHRC
Well, I am finally done. It took me much longer than everyone else probably due to the fact I have never pulled my tank and I have the crossover. That was a major PITA. I will be looking into put a quick disconnect in the middle of that crossover line next time I have it off. I also had to make several trips out for parts, lunch and some frosty beverages. Took an break and had some of those frosty beverages. I took my time, kept referring back to the manual and double checking everything as it was going back together. Finally done!

The installation of the ROCKOUTS was very easy and straight forward, followed directions and no issues at all. Once I had the rocker assembly out, it took less than five minutes to install the bushings and it was ready to put back in the bike.

Fired right up the first time and all I could hear was the thump, thump of my exhaust - beautiful. No sewing machine sound anymore! I let it warm up and took it for a spin an all I can say is the time it took me was well worth it. The ROCKOUTS ROCK! Thank you John and ROCKOUT Rocker Products.

I will definitely be spreading the word around Central Texas.

Bill
Thanks for the kind words Bill, I'm so glad the Rockouts cured your problem. It's been a long road but posts like that make it worth the journey.

Thanks for your feedback, and your support.

John @ Rockout.

Old 01-09-2016, 09:33 PM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,803 Likes on 9,866 Posts

Ordered my set last week, looking forward to the install.

Old 01-10-2016, 10:15 AM
vbx07
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sorry they didn't work out for you VBX. There as a few different sources of valvetrain noise on these engines, yours must be coming from somewhere else. Did you happen to notice of you had the wear marks on your bolts when you had it apart? Curious also as to your setup.... cams... adjustable pushrods, etc. or stock?

Thanks for taking time to give your feedback, every bit of information helps going forward.

John @ Rockout.
My bike is a 107 with 574 reaper cams. S.E. Adj pr set at 3 1/4 turns, 850-1 lifters, fuel moto level b heads, S.E. 50mm throttle body, rev performance welded crank with lefty bearing. Dynoed at 116/126.
Hey I'm not knocking your product. I also changed out the rockers as they had 80000 miles, and it was time. The top end has 5000 miles other than the rockers, so I bought a low mileage "1000" miles and took the opportunity to install the rockouts. Install was easy. I thought for sure with the realitivly new rockers, along with new lifters adj at 3 1/4, that I had the tick beat. It's quiet till around 2800 rpm, that to me had to be one or a combination of the things I changed. Its not unbearable. I hope to ride it for another 80000!

Old 01-10-2016, 10:34 AM
Flying Horse
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

OK, can someone explain exactly what these do and how they do it? I hate the tick

Old 01-10-2016, 10:41 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 49,864 Likes on 19,341 Posts

Deleted

Last edited by Uncle Larry; 01-10-2016 at 10:45 AM.
Old 01-10-2016, 10:41 AM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Flying Horse
OK, can someone explain exactly what these do and how they do it? I hate the tick
Go to my website (in my sig) and you'll see a pretty good explanation & a video of the problem. In short, the rocker support bolts engage a notch in the end of the rocker shafts to keep them from sliding out. The hole/notch is too big, allowing the shaft to rock back & forth & slide in & out... smacking against the bolts... making the noise. The Rockouts fill that gap, preventing the movement... noise gone.

Old 01-10-2016, 10:42 AM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Uncle Larry
Here you go!
That's the problem that I discovered & solved.... that however in not my product, and he uses my installation method.

Last edited by ROCKOUT Rocker Products; 01-10-2016 at 10:50 AM.
Old 01-10-2016, 10:45 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 49,864 Likes on 19,341 Posts

Originally Posted by ROCKOUT Rocker Products
That's the problem that I discovered & solved.... that however in not my product, and he uses my installation method.
My bad ... and I fixed it :>(

Old 01-10-2016, 10:46 AM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor

Thanks brother.

Quick Reply: Tick GONE!!! ROCKOUT Rocker Shaft Inserts!!!!!!