Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motorcycle Metal/ Ohlins/ Howard's Shocks

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 12:17 PM
josh1
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Motorcycle Metal/ Ohlins/ Howard's Shocks

Howard my friend, you were a a blast to hang out with. Thanks for finally someone making riding fun again, right from the get-co Howard was straight up, made me feel good you were buying a product that is tested and made in his shop. I did my homework first, and surfed the internet and got informed of the upgrade i was investing in. All other shocks are junk, i know cause I've tested them first hand.
So the shocks I got were the #2-#2A
Howard installed the shocks on my bike in about under a hour. Hey spent his time teaching me about the shocks, The internals what happens if you don't maintain your shocks, and mounting them making sure they are truly straight/ square.
Then it was time for the tune, I took it down the road, came back I tuned them with, the instructions of Howards guidance. You can tell he's been doing it forever cause he just looks at the shocks when you pull in, and says set the per-load another 2 full turns, Howard had marked the shocks so we knew exactly what a full rotation would be. I set the per-load and went back out for another test, came back. By now i had a grin ear to ear, it felt amazing, these shocks are the ****. Howard said you like that, "I was like hell ya it feels great." He said good well were not done yet. Did a little more adjusting, went back out for another cruise. Now these babies are dialed!!!!

Now there is only one problem I'm having with Howard, that is I have to go back down there to do the front shocks!!! He had them there i checked them out,and there bad-***. Will be getting those soon...

After I got my things together, I took of heading north to Melbourne. When you get on the highway you need to be careful I was doing 90 and it was super smooth, i can only imagine when the fronts are done.

Anyways the whole process was amazing. Howard is an amazing guy, super smart, and a pleasure to do business with. If any of you guys are on the fence still messing with shitty suspension, all I can say is STOP THE SUFFERING!
There is a fix....

Old 10-09-2015, 02:19 PM
tj316
Stellar HDF Member
Received 480 Likes on 126 Posts

Howard knows his stuff that is for sure .

Old 10-09-2015, 07:44 PM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 26,065 Likes on 12,183 Posts

+1. Howard knows his sh*t. My bike is transformed. (2.5s)

Old 12-25-2015, 01:12 PM
fallenhillbilly
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just wanted to add my two cents to Howard and motorcycle metal reviews. To start with like everyone else I did a lot of research and I heard some pros and cons about Howard. Which with me is okay.If I heard all pros I would be suspicious..
Howard is straight forward. Simple enough he does not sugarcoat anything. He tells you what you need to know and then you have to make the decision what You want. It is (Your bike Your decision.) If I learned anything from the man this is the bottom line . He cannot tell you what you want all he can do is advise you on what you need for the best setup per your instruction of how (You) want the bike to ride and handle. .
I purchased the 30 mm front end kit and a set of the #6's for the rear. I actually drove 600 miles to Fort Lauderdale to have Howard install them personal. . Worth every mile and every penny I spent. I learned a great deal from Howard in just the one day we spent together .. even though it rode and handle so much better I still have some riding and adjusting to do to get it just perfect for me. and when you buy such a suspension like this you have to realize this is what it takes. IT'S not plug and play you have to be willing to learn and put forth the time and effort to make it ride to your perfection. There is no way in Hell Howard can accomplish this part of the install this is all you and me.. and if you're not willing to do this it's a waste of the best suspension you could ever have.
This is what all big touring bikes need. It's definitely in for the long haul now.. just can't say enough about how the suspension rides.
Thanks Howard for all the help and knowledge that you shared with me. most people would never give up that type of knowledge or the time to explain it all
Thanks Again
Michael
For those whose wondering about Howard and his suspension feel free to PM me..

Old 12-25-2015, 01:38 PM
JMC22
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 333 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by fallenhillbilly
I just wanted to add my two cents to Howard and motorcycle metal reviews. To start with like everyone else I did a lot of research and I heard some pros and cons about Howard. Which with me is okay.If I heard all pros I would be suspicious..
Howard is straight forward. Simple enough he does not sugarcoat anything. He tells you what you need to know and then you have to make the decision what You want. It is (Your bike Your decision.) If I learned anything from the man this is the bottom line . He cannot tell you what you want all he can do is advise you on what you need for the best setup per your instruction of how (You) want the bike to ride and handle. .
I purchased the 30 mm front end kit and a set of the #6's for the rear. I actually drove 600 miles to Fort Lauderdale to have Howard install them personal. . Worth every mile and every penny I spent. I learned a great deal from Howard in just the one day we spent together .. even though it rode and handle so much better I still have some riding and adjusting to do to get it just perfect for me. and when you buy such a suspension like this you have to realize this is what it takes. IT'S not plug and play you have to be willing to learn and put forth the time and effort to make it ride to your perfection. There is no way in Hell Howard can accomplish this part of the install this is all you and me.. and if you're not willing to do this it's a waste of the best suspension you could ever have.
This is what all big touring bikes need. It's definitely in for the long haul now.. just can't say enough about how the suspension rides.
Thanks Howard for all the help and knowledge that you shared with me. most people would never give up that type of knowledge or the time to explain it all
Thanks Again
Michael
For those whose wondering about Howard and his suspension feel free to PM me..
Deleted by moderator.

Last edited by Pine Tree; 12-27-2015 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Inappropriate content.
Old 12-27-2015, 10:08 AM
skypilot_one
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JMC22
Deleted by moderator

Last edited by Pine Tree; 12-27-2015 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Inappropriate content
Old 12-27-2015, 11:04 AM
Pine Tree

Received 1,964 Likes on 463 Posts

No need to continue with the last couple of replies....