Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocker Locker vs Rockout

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2015, 07:40 AM
foxtrapper
HDF Community Team
Veteran: National GuardVeteran: Navy
Received 1,666 Likes on 1,085 Posts
Default Rocker Locker vs Rockout

Anyone know what the differences are between the two? As in metal used or product shape, etc?

Old 10-07-2015, 08:02 AM
Gwaxley
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Both need to be made of a nylon material or other than brass. Any movement left in the rocker shaft will wear the brass and the tapping could gradually return. Or use 4 inserts, one on each end of the shaft to help ensure no movement is left.

Just installed the rockouts lastweek, have about 700 miles, most of the aggravating ticking is gone. It's not like a winter project job to install the inserts very simple.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/new-r...s-over-22.html

Old 10-07-2015, 11:12 AM
xcbullet
Stellar HDF Member
Received 277 Likes on 235 Posts

They won't wear as there is no movement once installed. Rocker locker is brass & has good communication. It's not rocket science just a great idea

Old 10-07-2015, 11:25 AM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor
Received 1,637 Likes on 1,181 Posts

Originally Posted by foxtrapper
Anyone know what the differences are between the two? As in metal used or product shape, etc?
The metal is different, the shape is different, the installation method is different with extra parts included in the ROCKOUT kit.

Exactly what the physical differences are is proprietary, the reasons for my installation method are briefly explained here... https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...t-inserts.html

Full installation instructions are on my website in the link below.

If you are going to loosen all of the bolts, then pull 2 of them to install an insert, the extra step to install my way is to remove 4 more already loosened bolts. That's it. Then the assembly pulls right out & you can replace the O-ring, blow the oil out of the bolt holes as is IMO NECESSARY, and do the simple installation on the bench. Reassembly is as simple as the disassembly was.

Also, the price for my kit is $15, shipped. Theirs with shipping? I don't know.

Thanks for the interest, ride safe.

Also on amazon.com...
Imitated, never equaled... ROCKOUTS!

Last edited by ROCKOUT Rocker Products; 10-08-2015 at 09:01 AM.
The following users liked this post:
TEN4T2 (11-24-2017)
Old 10-07-2015, 02:41 PM
GTK
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 579 Likes on 414 Posts

[QUOTE=Bikerscum Products;14462042]The metal is different, the shape is different, the installation method is different with extra parts included in the ROCKOUT kit.

Also, the price for my kit is $15, shipped. Theirs with shipping? I don't know

How is the metal your using different? And how is the shape different.I know your recommended installation method is different.The Rocker locker shipping is free which you probably already knew.Just curious.

Old 10-07-2015, 02:51 PM
Gwaxley
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by xcbullet
They won't wear as there is no movement once installed. Rocker locker is brass & has good communication. It's not rocket science just a great idea
Thanks rocketman, but I don't think you know if there's a little movement left or not, and I bet there is.

Old 10-07-2015, 02:54 PM
xcbullet
Stellar HDF Member
Received 277 Likes on 235 Posts

I have micrometer eyes, the design is flush where the groove in the pin meets the hole.

Old 10-07-2015, 03:47 PM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor
Received 1,637 Likes on 1,181 Posts

[QUOTE=GTK;14462445]
Originally Posted by Bikerscum Products
The metal is different, the shape is different, the installation method is different with extra parts included in the ROCKOUT kit.

How is the metal your using different? And how is the shape different.I know your recommended installation method is different.The Rocker locker shipping is free which you probably already knew.Just curious.
As I said, the physical differences are proprietary. I've made many changes in my design before putting them on the market. As for the price, sorry but no, I don't know what theirs sells for shipped, now that it is being distributed through DK.

Old 10-07-2015, 04:23 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,857 Likes on 1,603 Posts

Originally Posted by Gwaxley
Thanks rocketman, but I don't think you know if there's a little movement left or not, and I bet there is.
If all you get without rocker-rocket-locker-outs is widdle tiny witness marks on the shafts.... yeah, sticking just about anything in there is going to help and take up the tiny amount of slack.
About no way a stationary shaft is going to punch through brass. Especially brass made for shell casings. Not enough pressure to ever wear out in my opinion, but time will tell...

No I don't own either brand.

Last edited by lp; 10-07-2015 at 04:26 PM.
Old 10-07-2015, 05:27 PM
GTK
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 579 Likes on 414 Posts

Bikerscum"really hate that name" DK customs price of the Rocker Locker is 15.95 plus shipping.So you have the best price shipped and offer the breather o'rings.Also,your way of installing them is probably the best.I installed mine per your competitors instructions and have had no problems,but if I do another set for somebody,I will follow your procedure.

Quick Reply: Rocker Locker vs Rockout