Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocker Locker vs Rockout

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 06:37 AM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor
Received 1,635 Likes on 1,180 Posts

Originally Posted by rickb
When are you putting up pictures of the install on your web page?
I'll try to get that done this weekend, sorry for the delay.

Also on amazon.com...
Imitated, never equaled... ROCKOUTS!

Old 12-03-2015, 07:53 AM
Hate Work
Road Warrior
Received 158 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Hmmmm.... interesting to see that the maker of the other product has now just about EXACTLY copied my installation method.

Speaks volumes.
Now you know what "Patent Pending" is worth. The Mrs. has a couple and more coming. You have to weigh the cost of lawyers vs. the cost of the infringement impact. Hope your proprietary info is stays protected.

Old 12-03-2015, 10:30 AM
batman.
Road Master
Received 63 Likes on 46 Posts

Subscribed and interested, Are there step by step instructions that come with the rocker kit? Whats involved in getting to the parts? I havent torn into my Harley as of yet other then basic maint so far. Oil changes and such. Im mechanically inclined just want to be able to do the job correctly is all.

Batman

Old 12-03-2015, 11:01 AM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor

Originally Posted by batman.
Subscribed and interested, Are there step by step instructions that come with the rocker kit? Whats involved in getting to the parts? I havent torn into my Harley as of yet other then basic maint so far. Oil changes and such. Im mechanically inclined just want to be able to do the job correctly is all.

Batman
There are complete instructions with my kits, as well as helpful installation pictures and a video of the critical oil removal step on my website (see my signature below). Some more discussion of my method is here... https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...l#post14453766

Right from the start I included the O-rings & necessary hardware to do the job right. My kits have always come with the nut & washer to install the inserts correctly.

I'm sure you can do the job! If you need any help, I'm just an email away, and the folks here are amazing with their support.

Last edited by ROCKOUT Rocker Products; 12-03-2015 at 11:09 AM.
Old 12-05-2015, 10:59 AM
SgtMic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

Bought and easily installed the Rockout set. Other than mushrooming one of the inserts, the other 3 went in easy. Definitely helps with noise.

Old 12-05-2015, 11:28 AM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor

Thanks for your purchase, glad it helped solve your problem. Please PM me & I'll send along a free kit to make up for that one that gave you a problem. That's only the 4th time I have heard of an issue in thousands of ROCKOUTS installed, but I want to make it right.

Old 12-05-2015, 02:45 PM
Makdaddy
Road Master
Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Thanks for your purchase, glad it helped solve your problem. Please PM me & I'll send along a free kit to make up for that one that gave you a problem. That's only the 4th time I have heard of an issue in thousands of ROCKOUTS installed, but I want to make it right.

Stand Up ^^^^^
Hope to have mine in soon

Old 12-08-2015, 09:29 PM
SgtMic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

PM sent.
Thanks for a great solution for the twin cams.

Old 12-08-2015, 09:57 PM
Guntoter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 81 Posts

I threw a set of the Rockouts in my bike a couple months ago. Was not really getting any tapping except a bit around 2500 rpm's so I thought what the hell. Installation was really no problem, the first one went in a little hard but the other 3 no problem. I did not find any marks on the bolts showing the shafts to be loose, in fact all the shafts were tight in the plate and did not move. I did take the opportunity to replace all the breather gaskets, mushroom valves and the foam elements. I also drilled out the breather drainback holes to the recommended .089 inch. Used NEW gaskets all around (I know some members think reusing gaskets is awesome, it isn't) Did not really change anything but I don't think I had any problem to begin with, but now I know the shafts can't come loose.

One question I do have, if the shafts ever need to come out, how do you remove the inserts? They are in there very tight and unless you have a punch the exact diameter of the bolt hole, I don't see these coming out to easy.

Old 12-08-2015, 10:09 PM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor

You just need a punch with a flat end to catch the edge of the Rockout. Because they're tapered, once you get them to start moving they'll come right out.

Sometimes you can reuse them, sometimes not.

Quick Reply: Rocker Locker vs Rockout