Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocker Locker vs Rockout

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2015, 05:29 PM
MilkMan608
Advanced
Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts

You say tomayto, I say tomahto, let's call the whole thing off!!!!!

Old 10-12-2015, 08:15 PM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor
Received 1,635 Likes on 1,180 Posts

Originally Posted by GTK

Bikerscum"really hate that name"
Originally Posted by Ride my Seesaw
Glad I'm not the only one. I never know how to interpret it, is it 'Bikers ***' or 'Biker's ***' or 'Biker Scum'?
Anyhow, looks like a good product so I'm off to order a set.

I took your advice & got a shiny new name.... how does it look?

Also on amazon.com...
Imitated, never equaled... ROCKOUTS!

Old 10-12-2015, 11:01 PM
dforeid
Road Captain
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by ROCKOUT Rocker Products

Migrating from any alias that could end up being construed as Biker *** is a good advancement. Love the product and what it did for my ride - as Richard would say "Get you some of that".....

Old 10-15-2015, 12:45 PM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,016 Likes on 4,064 Posts

Originally Posted by ROCKOUT Rocker Products

Just curious..

I noticed a "patent pending" statement. Hope the patent was filed before this statement was made as it's a federal crime to say so when it's not.. Sounds like someone already is making an similar product. While there is always a "first to file", if it's not innovative it might be hard to patent.. Rocker shaft lockers have been around for some time in the form of taperd pins tho I haven't the dowel in the shaft mod.. I expect that this is an application specific patent?

Old 10-15-2015, 01:24 PM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor

Originally Posted by bwoltz
Just curious..

I noticed a "patent pending" statement. Hope the patent was filed before this statement was made as it's a federal crime to say so when it's not..
Without going into detail, yes the proper paperwork was filed with the USPTO.

Thanks for your info.

Old 10-15-2015, 01:32 PM
foxtrapper
HDF Community Team
Veteran: National GuardVeteran: Navy
Received 1,663 Likes on 1,084 Posts

From your instructions: "Hold the hex nut with a wrench, while slowly tightening the support bolt."

Is that actually what you mean to say? If I'm following your instructions correctly, you've got the bolt head resting directly on the insert. Turning that bolt is likely to chew up insert. Don't you actually want the customer to hold the bolt still and turn the nut? Then the nut just slides on the washer surface.

Old 10-15-2015, 08:46 PM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor

Originally Posted by foxtrapper
From your instructions: "Hold the hex nut with a wrench, while slowly tightening the support bolt."

Is that actually what you mean to say? If I'm following your instructions correctly, you've got the bolt head resting directly on the insert. Turning that bolt is likely to chew up insert. Don't you actually want the customer to hold the bolt still and turn the nut? Then the nut just slides on the washer surface.
That's a great question, & one I pondered for a while when I wrote up the instructions. I see your point, but I went the other way obviously. My concern was that if the nut doesn't spin on the washer, then the washer would spin on the machined surface of the support plate possibly damaging it. The force on the insert from the bolt is minor & so far at least hasn't been a problem.

Thanks for your input, always appreciated.

RRP

Old 10-15-2015, 09:00 PM
PTAG
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Everybody sure is trying to complicate the install process. It's really nothing hard. Once you start the insert in you will know if things are lined up correctly. If they aren't don't force it. That's when you tear things. I thought the whole deal was a no brainer and I have never done any engine mods before.

And just in case anyone wants to know the "ROCKOUT Rocker Products" are the best ones. That's where I got mine so I am bias.

Old 10-16-2015, 06:25 AM
skydude426
Club Member
Received 389 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by PTAG
Everybody sure is trying to complicate the install process. It's really nothing hard. Once you start the insert in you will know if things are lined up correctly. If they aren't don't force it. That's when you tear things. I thought the whole deal was a no brainer and I have never done any engine mods before. And just in case anyone wants to know the "ROCKOUT Rocker Products" are the best ones. That's where I got mine so I am bias.
You bring up a good point. In my experience doing mechanical work, if you have to start forcing something, stop because something isn't right. I'm sure this holds true with the installation of Rockouts as well. I haven't had time to install mine yet as I'm in the process of remodeling my shop on the back of my garage.

Old 10-16-2015, 09:45 AM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor

When installing the ROCKOUTS, drop one into the hole & put a little pressure on it with your thumb while sliding the shaft back & forth & turning it. You'll feel the insert drop a little when everything is lined up . It should be about 3/8" above the support plate when things are correct...

It will draw in from there very easily. As is said above, if it's hard, something isn't right.

Quick Reply: Rocker Locker vs Rockout