Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A word about installing ROCKOUT rocker shaft inserts...

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2016, 06:21 PM
HKMark23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,940 Likes on 1,116 Posts

Just bought a set, shipped to Calais. Probably be next winter before I get em installed but since the parts involved are so inexpensive, I don't mind getting them early.

Old 05-15-2016, 07:03 PM
Robtarra39
Road Warrior
Received 52 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by HKMark23
Hey Bro !

You may want to look into opening an account with a US package service and having stuff shipped there, then crossing the border to pick it up. I use an outfit called "Package Depot" located in Calais Maine and find it very cost effective. For you, if there is a similar service in say "Ogdensburg", you might find the trip worth making, especially if you make several US purchases where US shipping is free and make the trip to collect them all at once.

Package Depot accounts are free to open and maintain. You simply pay them $3.00 per parcel when you pick em up. If you do have things shipped direct to your Canadian address, try to specify USPS. They are way cheaper than UPS or FedEx, just as reliable, and,,,,, faster,,,, really !!

Fellow Canadian, i do pick up parts in Ogdensburg and is a 1 hour drive each way, but shipping to my house for these rockouts was only 5 bucks, for the more costly items i pick US side, toll bridge is 7.75 both ways then 5 bucks for parcel pick up and about 20..00 for fuel

I never use FedEx or UPS, they have brokerage fees for anything over 40.00 and also collect duties and taxes, your right with using USPS cheaper for sure.

Rob

Old 05-15-2016, 07:49 PM
Bumpandrun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 416 Likes on 297 Posts

Originally Posted by TwoBlue02
Hey Bumpandrun - AWESOME looking blue scoot ya' got there..........
Lol. You have great taste in scoots. Unfortunately it's not very blue anymore. Getting a makeover.

Old 05-15-2016, 08:02 PM
Bumpandrun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 416 Likes on 297 Posts

I just did my second install. Took all of 1 hr 15 min. ( that's with waxing rocker boxes) If your handy it can be done with 2 simple wrenches. The short ones here in the picture No chance of over torque with them. When both rockers are down I lined up the rocker shafts with a simple Allen wrench that is very close to the same size as the bolt . One bolt at a time. The incerts about fall in place. If they don't it's not lined up. Have to say it made a big difference on the older TC I did today.

Old 05-15-2016, 08:37 PM
Robtarra39
Road Warrior
Received 52 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Bumpandrun
I just did my second install. Took all of 1 hr 15 min. ( that's with waxing rocker boxes) If your handy it can be done with 2 simple wrenches. The short ones here in the picture No chance of over torque with them. When both rockers are down I lined up the rocker shafts with a simple Allen wrench that is very close to the same size as the bolt . One bolt at a time. The incerts about fall in place. If they don't it's not lined up. Have to say it made a big difference on the older TC I did today.

i see you left the tank on, did you put cam on base circle first,did the bike have lots of ticking, since you stated it made a big difference

Last edited by Robtarra39; 05-15-2016 at 08:53 PM.
Old 05-15-2016, 08:50 PM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor
Received 1,635 Likes on 1,180 Posts

Originally Posted by Bumpandrun

Thank (again) man, I'm very happy to see the Rockouts are working out so well for you

John @ Rockout

__________________________________________________ ____
For ROCKOUT information & purchasing please click the LINKS below...

Also on amazon.com...
Imitated, never equaled... ROCKOUTS!

Old 05-16-2016, 07:39 AM
HKMark23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,940 Likes on 1,116 Posts

Originally Posted by Robtarra39
i see you left the tank on, did you put cam on base circle first,did the bike have lots of ticking, since you stated it made a big difference
I'm just wondering if I can get away without removing my tank too. The front of my tank is already lifted 3" and I could probably remove one bolt and raise the rear of the tank an inch or so without removing it.

Thoughts anyone ?

Old 05-16-2016, 07:57 AM
RANGER73
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 6,322 Likes on 3,178 Posts

I went to your sight to order a set, It stated I could order gaskets also, but wasn't able to locate any on your sight.

Old 05-16-2016, 07:58 AM
RANGER73
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 6,322 Likes on 3,178 Posts

Originally Posted by HKMark23
I'm just wondering if I can get away without removing my tank too. The front of my tank is already lifted 3" and I could probably remove one bolt and raise the rear of the tank an inch or so without removing it.

Thoughts anyone ?

Why fight the tank and risk dinging it with a wrench?

Old 05-16-2016, 11:07 AM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor
Received 1,635 Likes on 1,180 Posts

Originally Posted by RANGER73
I went to your sight to order a set, It stated I could order gaskets also, but wasn't able to locate any on your sight.
I don't recall any mention of gaskets on my site, www.rockout.biz

You might have seen reference to optionally replacing breathers, best place to get both is probably your local dealer.

John @ Rockout

Quick Reply: A word about installing ROCKOUT rocker shaft inserts...