Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone ever had bike towed by AAA....

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 09:12 PM
garcon
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone ever had bike towed by AAA....

Looking into getting towing for my Harley. AAA has an RV package that you can purchase that will tow bikes. Anyonehave any experiences with them? If so, nightmare ordo they seem to know what they are doing? They want $66 additional dollars per year to upgrade.
Thanks

Old 05-04-2007, 09:24 PM
Yogibear
Tourer
Default RE: Anyone ever had bike towed by AAA....

I recently had to tow my bike to the shop to fix a rear flat.
CAA (which is the same as AAA) came with a tilt-flatbed,
secured the bike and away we went. No problems at all.
The RV upgrade is worth the dollars because it also offers
longer range for tows and other things related.

Dennis

Old 05-04-2007, 09:27 PM
Ram
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just find out if its with a roll back, a bike carrier, or if they are going to swing it behind the truck.

If its going to swing behind the truck, you would be better off pushing it.

Old 05-04-2007, 09:30 PM
zubaugh
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I had them tow my Ultra and they were great. Since the dealer was closed they towed it to my house and the next day to the dealer. All in all about 80 miles.

However, AAA conracts the towing company so each one would be different. As far as AAA, I've had RV Plus with Sothern California for 15 years and have always been pleased with their response.

Old 05-04-2007, 10:25 PM
Beemervet
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 435 Likes on 317 Posts

After breaking a belt at 100+ my bike was picked up with a trailer by AAA. 2 hrs and $500. later, I was back on the road. I don't leave home without it.

Old 05-04-2007, 10:36 PM
Mac57
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I called AAA twice (I have AAA/RV) and both times they could not find me a motorcycle authorized tow truck. BUT, they told me to select any tow company I'd like and reembursed me the cost. Just mailedthe original tow receipt to the regional office and within days a check arrived. Tow availablility varies depending on where you are when you call. That's why I have both AAA/RV and HOG RoadAmerica. I've had AAA/Plus on my cars for years and have always had good service.

Old 05-04-2007, 10:38 PM
Puzzled
Banned

I dropped my AAA plus as it didn't cover bikes. I had to purchase "additional" coverage for that. Screw them, never again. That is why I purchased a HOG membership. I'm not into the pins, group rides or secret handshake stuff but like the idea of the towing. On that note my insurance has a towing clause which was includedfor the six bikes I insure with them.

Old 05-04-2007, 11:47 PM
jeepster09
Grand HDF Member
Received 7,733 Likes on 1,260 Posts

I work for AAA.
Just so everyone knows, AAA is a series of clubs accross the country all under the guidelines of AAA National located in Heathrow Florida. Each club varies a little bit. Here in my area you need the AAA Plus RV coverage to get your bike towed. The same coverage is good for any vehicle you are driving or riding in.You get 4 tows per year up to 100 miles each. In my area I require any one towing a bike to either use a trailer or have a properly set-up flatbed in order to qualify to provide motorcycle service. Use of service one time will pay for your membership for entire year. Hog Club only covers your bike, we will cover your RV and your car and you get many other discounts on rental cars hotels etc.
If you ever have a problem on having bike towed let AAA know by calling number on your card, we take complaints serious.

Old 05-05-2007, 01:54 AM
fatboylust
Road Captain

I used the HOG standard coverage one time; they refunded me $100, 30 days later, toward a 60 mile/$360 tow.Three years laterI used AAA for a 50 mile tow and AAA covered 100% on the spot no questions asked.

FBL

Old 05-05-2007, 02:35 AM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts

ORIGINAL: jeepster09

I work for AAA.
Just so everyone knows, AAA is a series of clubs accross the country all under the guidelines of AAA National located in Heathrow Florida. Each club varies a little bit. Here in my area you need the AAA Plus RV coverage to get your bike towed. The same coverage is good for any vehicle you are driving or riding in.You get 4 tows per year up to 100 miles each. In my area I require any one towing a bike to either use a trailer or have a properly set-up flatbed in order to qualify to provide motorcycle service. Use of service one time will pay for your membership for entire year. Hog Club only covers your bike, we will cover your RV and your car and you get many other discounts on rental cars hotels etc.
If you ever have a problem on having bike towed let AAA know by calling number on your card, we take complaints serious.
You are right about AAA being different - I have Plus, however, in the Modesto/Turlock Ca area AAA will NOT sell your coverage for a Motorcycel, no way, no how.... Still carry the plus for the car...

I reccomend to everyone to check out http://www.road-america.com/ca/hd/ho...mpany_code=520# for $30 a year - they will tow you to the closest dealer that can repair your bike, reguardless of the distance... I have had this for 11 years and only needed it twice and Boy was I glad I had it... very long tow each time.. one happened late on a Sunday and road-amercia paid for my hotel at $100 for the night... forget AAA and call these folks... one catch, you do have to belong to HOG for the initial enrollment... after that, you do not have to belong to HOG...

Quick Reply: Anyone ever had bike towed by AAA....