Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone ever had bike towed by AAA....

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 12:45 PM
IceHeritage
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone ever had bike towed by AAA....

I have AAA and everytime i have had to have one of my Bikes Towed i just told them it was for my Bike and they sent a Flatbed and Driver that knew how to strap Down a Bike

Old 05-05-2007, 01:00 PM
Towpro
Banned

Like the others have said, AAA has a worldwide network of towing contractors. Most of these tow companies have been contracted w/AAA for a number of years & do a fine job.

Most of us know how to strap/secure a bike down anyway, so I'm sure you could help the tow driver get it tied down.

Another advantage of having AAA is the money saved.....the company I work for does not contract out to any motor club, so you will pay higher rates using my service. Unless of course your aHDF member & happen to call me....LOL.

Old 05-05-2007, 01:10 PM
IceHeritage
Road Master

Not to Jack the thread but I Love that Bike Towpro SWEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTT! I Noticed your floor also did you do it? how good is it on spills (Slippery etc
Thanks

Old 05-05-2007, 01:18 PM
Towpro
Banned

ORIGINAL: IceHeritage

Not to Jack the thread but I Love that Bike Towpro SWEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTT! I Noticed your floor also did you do it? how good is it on spills (Slippery etc
Thanks
You hi-jacker

thanks for the compliment.......I did the floor in about 2 1/2 hours, epxy set from Lowes, about $60.00.....ez & not slippery at all.....spills clean right up.

Old 05-06-2007, 12:33 AM
btefft
Outstanding HDF Member

I, too, have AAA plus RV. They know I have a side car and said it would pose no problem. Have never used it for the bike, but it does give me peace of mind.

PS - It also covers my other vehicles and any vehicle I (or my wife, she's on it too) ride in. They'll bring me gas and even change a tire (hard to do w/ just one leg). Couple months ago, on a Sunday, I locked my keys in my car, I called AAA. Out came a locksmith, unlocked the car, took my AAA number and that was it. Paid for itself w/ that one incident. Yeah, I'm happy with it.

Hack

Old 05-07-2007, 12:15 PM
bob53
Cruiser

I use Road America the Harley roadside service. Used them twice. They contract with local towing services and I've had good service. I've used them to tow my bike to the dealer for service.

Old 05-07-2007, 12:23 PM
questor
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: garcon
They want $66 additional dollars per year to upgrade.
If you have the extended warranty and or National HOG membership isn't towing covered?

Old 05-07-2007, 02:36 PM
alexcue
Road Master

AAA is much better than the Harley service in my experience. I had to wait over 4 hrs with HD's HOG tow service ( i know it's contracted out, but they still gave me the run around as to why it was taking so long.), Finally they sent out a AAA tow with a flatbed. cost me $100 for the tow. AAA took less than 30 minutes from the call, and their dispatcher called to make sure he was there.

Needless to say i upgraded my AAA to cover the bikes also. Keep the HOG one for extreme emergencies.

Old 05-07-2007, 03:06 PM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes, in fact I have used mine twice in different areas. Both times they brought an enclosed trailer with motorcycle wheel chocks, tiedowns, etc.

Old 05-07-2007, 03:23 PM
the_icemAN
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

With the HOG membership the HOG Roadside assistance covers you ONCE per year for a maximum of $100.

You can get 'additional' Roadside assistance coverage above the 'standard' for extra fees. Recommended for those who like to do lotsa touring.

Deluxe Package ($19.95/yr)
Unlimited Towing to nearest authorized Harley Davidson dealersip
Sign-n-ride benefit (all covered towing/roadside assistance costs are covered in full

Ultra Package ($29.95/yr)
Same as Deluxe plus emergency travel expense reimbursement up to the $1,000 maximum (warrenty breakdown and > 100miles from home)

Ultra Plus Package ($49.95/yr)
Same as Ultra Package for up to 2 HD Motorcycles PLUS extended coverage for up to 3 additional 'covered vehicles).

Personally ... if I was doin enough road-trippin ...... I'd have the Ultra Package for the reimbursement of having to stay somewhere etc.

Just some other options available with the roadside assistance for HOG members.