Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why not Road Glide Ultra Limited

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2015, 06:00 AM
faither
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Why not Road Glide Ultra Limited

Why wouldnt Harley produce a Limited in RG Ultra. Also the colors they have put out the last few years just dont do it for me,I love my 2010 Merlot sunglo and cherry red sunglo limited.

Old 09-27-2015, 06:43 AM
PFWiz
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 387 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by faither
Why wouldnt Harley produce a Limited in RG Ultra. Also the colors they have put out the last few years just dont do it for me,I love my 2010 Merlot sunglo and cherry red sunglo limited.
Because they really want to **** me off?

Hey that was easy, give me another one, I am pretty good at this!

Old 09-27-2015, 07:13 AM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 10,394 Likes on 5,513 Posts

Close enough, don't want CB or heat grips I prefer heated gloves. 2016 RGU they really just took the Ultra and out RG faring and bars on it. And they got it right.
As I rolled it out the door this one is mine 2200 mile son it now.

Old 09-27-2015, 07:22 AM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,857 Likes on 1,603 Posts

I too wish they made a RGU Limited. The RGU is ok though.
I like the chrome rims and the paint scheme on the limited a little better than the Ultra. I do use the CB and heated grips every now and then as well.

Wish I had the money to swap out my fairing. Probably be happy with that. Not loose anything... That's like a 3K+ deal though. Not going to happen anytime soon.

I would paint the RGU fairing more like the RGS though.

Old 09-27-2015, 08:22 AM
heavymetalthunder
Grand HDF Member
Received 608 Likes on 442 Posts

I guess they want to to keep the Limited a bit special. Thus the name Limited. I would have liked to have seen a painted inner fairing. chrome rims, heated grips and better paint combos myself. I can't afford to get one anyway so I'll live with what I got.
The RGU is a good riding bike but the issue with the radio screen glare is a bit of a problem. Not that way on my old one.

Old 09-27-2015, 08:25 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,868 Likes on 22,765 Posts

Why not?
Cuz there has to be a why, first?

Old 09-27-2015, 09:04 AM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 10,394 Likes on 5,513 Posts

Originally Posted by heavymetalthunder
I guess they want to to keep the Limited a bit special. Thus the name Limited. I would have liked to have seen a painted inner fairing. chrome rims, heated grips and better paint combos myself. I can't afford to get one anyway so I'll live with what I got.
The RGU is a good riding bike but the issue with the radio screen glare is a bit of a problem. Not that way on my old one.
Only time I have had any glare on the 2016 was with sun right behind me at just the right angle. Then All I did was change the angle I looked at it.
Any dash will get some glare at a point where sun lines up just right. My 2011 RGU with painted inner was more of an issue.

Old 09-27-2015, 09:08 AM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,857 Likes on 1,603 Posts

Originally Posted by smitty901
Only time I have had any glare on the 2016 was with sun right behind me at just the right angle. Then All I did was change the angle I looked at it.
Any dash will get some glare at a point where sun lines up just right. My 2011 RGU with painted inner was more of an issue.
It's a shame they didn't just lower the unit an inch and tilt it towards the rider a few degrees and this very common complaint wouldn't be an issue at all.

Old 09-27-2015, 10:03 AM
bagman1
Grand HDF Member
Received 54 Likes on 51 Posts

Wouldnt the price on a RGUL be too close to that of a CVO? I dont think it would be a good marketing plan.

Old 09-27-2015, 10:23 AM
heavymetalthunder
Grand HDF Member
Received 608 Likes on 442 Posts

Originally Posted by smitty901
I've never had a problem with mine. The inner fairing is painted red to match the bike. I just came home from Bikes,Blues& BBQ and test road a CVORG. The glare was so bad I could hardly see the GPS. Since I was new in town. I had no idea how to get around. But changing directions the sun angle was different and was not a issue.

Originally Posted by lp
It's a shame they didn't just lower the unit an inch and tilt it towards the rider a few degrees and this very common complaint wouldn't be an issue at all.
That would have solved the problem. Hard to believe HD never noticed this as a issue in pre-production test.

Quick Reply: Why not Road Glide Ultra Limited