Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just installed my CFR's

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 08:31 AM
jaxdwg
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by kryingame
After 4 long months of waiting, on Monday I finally got my chrome double fluted CFR's. The irony is, last Friday I had surgery on my left hand so I currently have 22 stitches. But determined as I am, I was able to slowly install the mufflers.

Now, I'm not disappointed but damn, people make them sound like, they're gonna burst your ear drums. So many out here

To me, the mufflers alone, really sounds like a step above my old Rinehart mufflers. Yeah they sound good but I was expecting a bit more. So, I will have to invest in the V&H power dual headers that I was thinking of.

Comparing them to stock mufflers, there's a significant difference but to Rinehart or probably any other muffler, its not that big of a difference. Now I'll be honest, since my hand is busted up, I was not able to ride the bike. I listened to it in my garage. But anyway, here's a pic of them installed.

Newly installed CFR mufflers.
Not to be rude, but is the left one sticking out farther than the right?

Old 09-24-2015, 09:24 AM
kryingame
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by jaxdwg
Not to be rude, but is the left one sticking out farther than the right?
You're not being rude. I just had surgery on my left hand with a lot of stitches. I did the install with 1 hand. I just noticed that I didn't line the pipes up properly. When I get home tonight I'll correct it.

My brother text me last night to tell me that either I'm an idiot or I can't see well. lol

Now that I installed the mufflers with 1 hand, I'm wondering if I can install the V&H headers with 1 hand too. lol