Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD enthusiast magazine came today

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 02:36 AM
The Pawnbroker
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: HD enthusiast magazine came today

HEY - The ChooChooster to the rescue again!

https://www.hdforums.com/m_1600816/tm.htm

Old 05-07-2007, 08:48 AM
Madav8tr
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, Choosue is the great savior for all of '07 Owners. He says that he hasn't complained to the HD about anyone's problems and I believe that. However he has claimed to have spoken to a lawyer about a class action suit for '07 owners that are unhappy. I can't believe that anyone is saying the Choo has done ANYTHING positive for '07 owners. I guess if you call b*tching and whining about a problem he has never experienced doing something positive then......... I don't really consider that doing anything myself but obviously others on this forum do.

Old 05-07-2007, 11:59 AM
parakiller
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wonder if ChooSue runs around with a hat made fromaluminum to keep the Moco from reading his mind....[sm=smiley3.gif]....

Old 05-07-2007, 12:16 PM
the_icemAN
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The "NOISE" or HUM... or 'whirl' that riders hear (mostly from ULTRA RIDERS) is primarily due to the strait-cut 5th gear. Does this mean there is an issue? So people who put in different CAMs which are 'louder' than stock .... does this mean there is an issue. If I put in a big-bore and the engine is louder than original ... is this a problem or issue?

The gearing is different... so what. Lower RPMs.... you hear a little more 'whirl'. Higher RPMs... less and less. and TRUST ME... put over 8k on the engine and you can hardly hear it at all (use something like Severe Gear in the Tranny).

On a side-related note..... ChooChoo does bring up the 'mod' map .... where sitting at idle it can shut down the #2 cylinder.

Anyone have this 'modification' done.... and results from it?

Old 05-07-2007, 12:59 PM
yoopermjm
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: SMT

ORIGINAL: choochoo

congratulations to all you that don't have a problem or is so minor you can deal with it.
My problem asI said is not so much the bike but the dealers.
MIne was an excellent running bike until something failed in the base configuration. When that particular item gets repaired I will again be a happy camper.
HD controls the purse strings on warranty repairs, so dealers really don't want to spend
a lot of time diagnosing a problem they may not get full reimbursement for.
But when it's in the shop 3 times same complaint, they blame one specific NON-HD part
as the problem, but then go off on another tangent "fix" something else and forget their
original unfounded theory and claim bike is fixed when it's not, then I have a COMPLAINT
called $hi**y service and lack of concern on the dealers part.
Hopefully this tuesday that attitude will be corrected we will see.
Jesus Christ ChooChoo..just sell it and be done with it.[sm=wtf.gif]
SMT, do you know Jesus Christ?
If so, please act like it and stop using His Name in vain.
If not, please don't use it that way, because He happens to be my Lord and I find your use of His Name offensive.
Maybe you should try this: Carl Jung ChooChoo..just sell it and be done with it. At least that's someone you apparently know.

Old 05-07-2007, 01:23 PM
IamZardoz
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I own an 07 FLHT. This is my fourth big twin. No difference in noise or heat issues from any other Ive owned. They all get hot in traffic. Primary sounds like my 93 FXR. It does have more power and the 6 speed is great. I love it, no complaints at all.

Old 05-07-2007, 01:51 PM
Hog Yild
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had the 'mod' map done. But from what service told me,at idle, if the temperature of the rear cylinder gets above a certain number (I can't remember that number right now), the program will shut off every 4th cycle of spark. So it fuels all cycles, firesthe firstthree cycles and on the fourth, it fuels the cylinder, but doesn't fire it.
I can hear a difference in the idle and I do feeldifference in less heat at intersections in heavy traffic. It doesn't seem to have affected anything as far as leaving the line, no hesitation. The serviceman said it lowered the temperature of the rear cylinder by 40 degrees, which I believe it has, at idle.

The 07's still run hotter, my wife, can feel the difference on her legs at cruising speeds.

Old 05-07-2007, 02:11 PM
the_icemAN
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

thanks for that update Hog Yild. I wasn't aware it was running 3 out of 4 cycles. From the way the magazine indicated .... it 'shut down' at idle if it was over "x" temperature but would resume immediately when starting to throttle.

40degree cooler on the #2 ... is a good thing as it has much less air moving around it.

Old 05-07-2007, 04:05 PM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Isn't that the most worthless excuse for a "magazine" that you've ever seen? I get junk mail that has more entertaining infomation than "The Enthusiast". Why do I even get it? I never asked for it.

Old 05-07-2007, 06:07 PM
AK_Hog_Herder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: Thunderbolts

Whats the difference between a TC88 built to 95ci and a stock TC96? Both are about the same size engine in cubic inches. Should we not be having the same heat issues with both of these motors? After all the 95 ci and stroker 103 ci motors have been around for a number of years. I have not heard anyone having heat issues with these motors.
The TC-88 and the TC-96 are entirely different animals.

The stock TC-96 will only perform marginally better than the stock TC-88. Even though the displacement is different the other mods to the engine do not allow a stock TC-96 to equal a TC-88 with a 95 big bore kit.

That is why you have the following.

TC-88 = TC-96

95 Big Bore = 103 Big Bore

103 Stroker = 110 Stroker

Once a person does the Big Bore or Stroker kit to whatever engine installed they will also adjust the air / fuel mixture for maximum performance which tends to eliminate most of the heat issues.

An 06 TC-88 with a 95 BB / SE 203 Cams / SE Aircleaner / Pipes / PCIII can still invoke the heat management system if the ambient air is over 100 degrees and the bike is idleing in traffic. Been there, done that.

Quick Reply: HD enthusiast magazine came today