Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD enthusiast magazine came today

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007 | 10:27 PM
choochoo
|
Banned
Default RE: HD enthusiast magazine came today

Where did you get the word?
Also did you all knowthe vrod is not or was not the first liguid cooled Harley.
ORIGINAL: SoCal_Pappy

2008 Word is "They DID"!!!

Old 05-04-2007 | 10:39 PM
choochoo
|
Banned

not once did I claim I was doing any of you a service.
I have not bitched to HD about your problems (no matter what you ride).
But if I was you and had a tranny as noisy as you claim I sure as hell
would not sit idly by and take the crap from MOCO "it's normal".
If it is as loud as you claim, then it is NOT normal. no matter what is causing the noise.
But it's your bike do as you wish.
I told you band together swap info send it to the lady and address I gave you
and push HD to make it right. If it is the tranny have them give you a new one or
the S/E 6 speed.If noise goes away it's the tranny, if not then it's something else.
Or if one of you has way too much money, pay the dealer to swap it out and see if noise goes away. If does then it was the tranny and now with proof go after them for warranty.
But on mine I will keep after them. to me in my case it's more the dealers fault for not diagnosing the bike properly and repairing it properly.
But since HD controls the purse strings on warranty and ineffectual repairs got to to them
too.
But in reading the article HD puts the blame on you first, then EPA and then the fact it's a bigger motor last.
And act like they are doing you a big favor doing the software upgrade that works ONLY WHEN YOU ARE SITTING STILL.

Old 05-04-2007 | 10:46 PM
choochoo
|
Banned

I think I tried to tell people here in this forum that fact several months ago. about having to go liquid cooled.
The old Nova was an experiment but money was too tight. Had to pick one way and air cooled was cheaper tooling and less parts needed. Plus all the old timers still out there ......
But Vrod came out in 02 (?). they should of had it or similar in baggers by 05 anyway.
smaller CC or CI but still has more stock HP and TQ than some of your exotic builds on your 05-07's.
Just get the dang fuel tank back where it belongs and use a standard frame.
ORIGINAL: jbhawley

Hey, Look at the back of the mag and you see a one page article on how HD experimented with liquid cooled engines back in the AMF days...but dropped the notion to fix the un-reliable shovelheads and concentrate more on the engineering of the evo engine.
It seems HD has known for a LONG time that eventually they will have to go to a liquid cooled engine.

Old 05-04-2007 | 10:54 PM
toadmanor
Road Captain

I love my '07 FLHTCU.

I can't even think of anything like heat or noise to complain about.

Its all ??????

Old 05-04-2007 | 11:31 PM
SMT
Tourer

ORIGINAL: toadmanor

I love my '07 FLHTCU.

I can't even think of anything like heat or noise to complain about.

Its all ??????
That's what I'm talkin about.

Old 05-04-2007 | 11:50 PM
Fun Rider 05
Cruiser

I have an 05 RK Classic that I love,the sound, the feel of the V Twin when I roll on the power, its the perfect motorcycle. Two weeks ago I ADDED an EG Ultra Classic to my fleet. I got it for the larger engine and 6 speed trans and two up touring. I knew what I was getting, if I wanted a nice quiet watercooled don't look at me and eat your heart out bike I would have bought a honda. I HAVE NO PROBLEMS,ISSUES OR COMPLAINTS!

PS Even my girlfriend loves it

Old 05-04-2007 | 11:53 PM
toadmanor
Road Captain

Amen Fun Rider!

Old 05-05-2007 | 12:18 AM
choochoo
|
Banned

congratulations to all you that don't have a problem or is so minor you can deal with it.
My problem asI said is not so much the bike but the dealers.
MIne was an excellent running bike until something failed in the base configuration. When that particular item gets repaired I will again be a happy camper.
HD controls the purse strings on warranty repairs, so dealers really don't want to spend
a lot of time diagnosing a problem they may not get full reimbursement for.
But when it's in the shop 3 times same complaint, they blame one specific NON-HD part
as the problem, but then go off on another tangent "fix" something else and forget their
original unfounded theory and claim bike is fixed when it's not, then I have a COMPLAINT
called $hi**y service and lack of concern on the dealers part.
Hopefully this tuesday that attitude will be corrected we will see.

Old 05-05-2007 | 01:58 AM
mp
Stellar HDF Member

Let's see.........Harley sells more cruisers and touring bikes than everyone else (combined?), so they should build a jap style touring bike since they've had so much success with the metric wethead V-Rod Dealership Doorstop model.........Yeaaah, THAT'S the ticket!

Old 05-05-2007 | 02:12 AM
SMT
Tourer

ORIGINAL: choochoo

congratulations to all you that don't have a problem or is so minor you can deal with it.
My problem asI said is not so much the bike but the dealers.
MIne was an excellent running bike until something failed in the base configuration. When that particular item gets repaired I will again be a happy camper.
HD controls the purse strings on warranty repairs, so dealers really don't want to spend
a lot of time diagnosing a problem they may not get full reimbursement for.
But when it's in the shop 3 times same complaint, they blame one specific NON-HD part
as the problem, but then go off on another tangent "fix" something else and forget their
original unfounded theory and claim bike is fixed when it's not, then I have a COMPLAINT
called $hi**y service and lack of concern on the dealers part.
Hopefully this tuesday that attitude will be corrected we will see.
Jesus Christ ChooChoo..just sell it and be done with it.[sm=wtf.gif]

Quick Reply: HD enthusiast magazine came today