Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Center stand for UC

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 01:01 AM
Rollon
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Center stand for UC

My buddy has the HD chrome display stand (HD terminology). Does anyone else have one? Is it easy to get the bike on the stand? Why do you like it?

Old 05-05-2007, 08:12 AM
iowacruiser
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Center stand for UC

Check out www.wheeldock.com/ They have a center stand that works great. It only takes 7 pounds of pressure to get your bike up on the stand. A friend has one and I was really impressed with it. Unfortumately, they don't make one for the softails yet.

Old 05-05-2007, 08:20 AM
glide
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: iowacruiser

Unfortumately, they don't make one for the softails yet.
Sure do, don't know if it fits the 07 http://saturn.dnsprotect.com/~rivcop...285&page=1

Old 01-27-2008, 11:30 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

I recently installed a Wheeldock on my scoot. Nice stand, well built, but not adjustable. I found with my lowered suspension and the stand for the lowered suspension that the bike was a little too uneasy for me to leave it on the stand. I bought a verticle stand from vwowv.com that is chrome, adjustable and over a $100 less than the Wheeldock. It is comparably built, shiny chrome and I can adjust it to leave the rear wheel on the ground or lift it off, thus having more stability when it is up. Check this out if you are in the market for a center stand. I am in no way affiliated with these guys and receive no compensation for my remarks. It is just a great alternative and the communication and customer service was first rate. I received replies to my emails fro the owner and got my stand 2 days after I ordered it. 10 minute install also..

Old 01-28-2008, 12:16 AM
cowkiller
Cruiser

I have theChrome Harley part on my Ultra. It works great. It rolls right back onto it.It's sturdy enough to start the bike, sit on the bike. Very handy when doing oil changes. I like mine alot. I use it every time I ride the bike. When I park it in the garage I put the bike on it.

Old 01-28-2008, 06:02 AM
framer
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: bigdaddy11311

I recently installed a Wheeldock on my scoot. Nice stand, well built, but not adjustable. I found with my lowered suspension and the stand for the lowered suspension that the bike was a little too uneasy for me to leave it on the stand. I bought a verticle stand from vwowv.com that is chrome, adjustable and over a $100 less than the Wheeldock. It is comparably built, shiny chrome and I can adjust it to leave the rear wheel on the ground or lift it off, thus having more stability when it is up. Check this out if you are in the market for a center stand. I am in no way affiliated with these guys and receive no compensation for my remarks. It is just a great alternative and the communication and customer service was first rate. I received replies to my emails fro the owner and got my stand 2 days after I ordered it. 10 minute install also..

thanx for the tip Big Daddy- I have been checking them out but with my bike lowered from the factory and the 21x18 combo raising her back up a bump, I wasnt sure which stand would work best for me. Seems I just need an 'adjustable' stand like yourself which I wasnt aware was offered. Thanx again (dang this forum is expensive)lol

Old 01-28-2008, 06:47 AM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

ORIGINAL: framer

ORIGINAL: bigdaddy11311

thanx for the tip Big Daddy- I have been checking them out but with my bike lowered from the factory and the 21x18 combo raising her back up a bump, I wasnt sure which stand would work best for me. Seems I just need an 'adjustable' stand like yourself which I wasnt aware was offered. Thanx again (dang this forum is expensive)lol
Contact them directly. he sold me the chrome stand for $179 and $10 shipping last week. A heck of a deal condidering the others are close to $300 and up.

Mike

Old 01-28-2008, 06:50 AM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes I have it on mine. http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

It is not as easy to install as the wheeldock: http://www.wheeldock.com/prod_EZ.asp

It works great however once installed.
If I had it to do all over again, I would use the wheeldock.

Old 01-28-2008, 06:52 AM
db2753
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Just wondering how the Adjustable Stand adjust? If by set screws, what keeps it from moving with the weight of the bike on it?

Old 01-28-2008, 07:10 AM
undrdog
Intermediate

Just got and installed the wheeldock center stand. Very easy install, and well made imo. Got it through dennis kirk, free shipping and about the best price I found.

Quick Reply: Center stand for UC