Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audio questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2015, 04:38 AM
NormanAbsher
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audio questions

Just recently got my self a 2012 Street Glide. I am in love! The previous owner did the rear bag lids w/speakers! Going in to winter I'm thinking about doing a little audio update on her.. So my question. Can I just simply buy speakers designed for a car and install? Or do I need a marine style for the water proofing.. Anyone have anything they would like to show off and recommend? Anyone using an amp? If love to pick your brains if possible.. I don't need something to shake a neighborhood or anything I just wanna be able to hear it with my full face on and riding at 70-80!

Thanks in advance guys!

Norm

Old 09-20-2015, 06:05 AM
Egldr05
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by NormanAbsher
Just recently got my self a 2012 Street Glide. I am in love! The previous owner did the rear bag lids w/speakers! Going in to winter I'm thinking about doing a little audio update on her.. So my question. Can I just simply buy speakers designed for a car and install? Or do I need a marine style for the water proofing.. Anyone have anything they would like to show off and recommend? Anyone using an amp? If love to pick your brains if possible.. I don't need something to shake a neighborhood or anything I just wanna be able to hear it with my full face on and riding at 70-80!

Thanks in advance guys!

Norm
You'll probably have better luck posting this in the audio form.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio-systems-153/

Rick

Old 09-20-2015, 06:46 AM
NormanAbsher
Novice

Will do

Old 09-20-2015, 07:53 AM
kryingame
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

Norm, I agree post in the audio section but really research exactly what you want because audio can get overly expensive.
Many of us have and love our Biketronics system. Fairing speakers, amp, lowers (not really necessary), aftermarket head unit and 6x9's. You'll get a lifetime warranty and best of all, even at 90 MPH, your sound system will be loud and ultra clear. I haven't read any complaints about Biketronics. You can call them and have a conversation without feeing forced to buy. Good luck

Old 09-20-2015, 07:59 AM
billbuzz
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I have a 13 street glide and went with the biketronics amp and 7.1 speakers. It's expensive but you want to do it right the first time. Anyone who has done just speakers is not happy with the results. I kept the stock head unit so I knew I had to get the amp to wake it up. Lifetime warranty and sounds awesome.

Old 09-20-2015, 08:14 AM
NormanAbsher
Novice

I posted in the audio section as well.. Thanks guys this is exactly what I was looking for! I just needed a point in the right difection! Like I said I just wanna be able to rock out while cruising down the free way or back road twisties! You guys that have went with bike tronics do u have pictures of how you did the amp location? What models did u guys go with specifically or are the differences?

Old 09-20-2015, 07:08 PM
kryingame
Road Warrior

Don't know what you mean by model.
Check out my signature to see my set up but if I were you, I'd call biketronics and speak to Bill. He'll take care of you.

Old 09-20-2015, 07:23 PM
NormanAbsher
Novice

I meant like a package they sell or specific ones.. I hadn't looked in the site yet. It I have now.. Just gotta decide what I want.. Did u guys buy your head unit from them?

Old 09-20-2015, 07:59 PM
kryingame
Road Warrior

There are tons of head units out there but it is best to get one from them. I absolutely love my Sony HU. If you want to retain the controls on your handle bar, you'll also need the radio control kit.

I lov my Sony HU because I downloaded an app to use on my android phone where I can control all media from my phone. Anyway, call Biketronics, it's so much to know and the game is about to begin. Lol

Old 09-21-2015, 02:14 AM
NormanAbsher
Novice

what about arc audio? anyone ever used them? just asking since I was also pointed towards them.

Quick Reply: Audio questions