Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Glide Owners Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 01:15 AM
ericdata
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road Glide Owners Suggestions

What's Up Fellow Road Gliders, tomorrow I'm taking a 4 hour trip from the San Francisco Bay Area to Reno Nevada. I wanted to get some opinions. Shall I use the stock windshield, or use the the little all black windshield I normally use. I'll be wearing a half helmut, possibly with a face mask to cover my neck, mouth and nose areas.

Please let me know what you guys think.

Thanks!

Old 09-22-2005, 02:59 AM
pointswhat
Road Captain
Default RE: Road Glide Owners Suggestions

Well I think you'd get beat up less with the taller shield but then again the shorter one will let you stay cooler. I think alot of it is how well the stock one fits you, if its a little to short you might be better off with the smaller one. That way you would have less turbulance buffeting around your head. I haven't really played with my windshields yet so I'm pretty much echoing stuff if heard here.

Old 09-22-2005, 04:30 AM
Tripper
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I don't have any experience with the cut down one, but my stock windshield has bug splatters all over it. I have had no trouble with a shorty type helmet and the stocker with buffeting. I have gotten bug strikes in the face and on my glasses while riding without my face shield; one had my right eye swollen shut on the following day after hitting my eyebrow above my glasses. I now wear a face shield everytime I venture out of town. So if your tough and don't mind cleaning bug splatters off your outer clothing, use the cut down one. Otherwise, use the stock one and clean the bug splaters off the windscreen and by all means use your face shield.

Have a Dynamite ride.

Old 09-22-2005, 11:14 AM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

Eric,

I use my little black windshield all the time except for the very coldest part of the fall and spring. I love the feel of the wind in my face. If you are use to it then you will be OK. I have a strap for my sunglasses to keep them from jumping around on my face which really helps.

Terry

Old 09-22-2005, 02:42 PM
ericdata
Novice

Thanks for the posts guys! I haven't used the stock windshield since the day after I bought my bike and it looks like it's going to stay that way. I pretty use to the wind in my face, with my mask on I really don't notice any wind. From time to time I get pegged with bugs, but it doesn't bother me that much. Now I'm just praying that the forcast for slight chance of showers turns into no rain in site and a sunny warm weekend.

Thanks Again..