Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody else got a Roadking custom FLHRSI

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2015 | 09:03 AM
beary
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by R21 Rider
Few questions I have on the bike

Engine is quite jumpy at idle when at operating temperature, is this normal not a lot of 88 around, , the mounts ect are good.

Thanks
I am surprised nobody has a yellow custom. I'm not much for yellow, but I love it on that bike.

All Harley engines vibrate to some degree at idle. If you feel the vibration while riding, then something is wrong. If you don't then likely everything is ok. But it is usually the mounts wearing when they are overly jumpy. The exhuast mounts under the bags are part of the mounting system of the engine. Cheap to replace and sometimes they can tame the jumping engine. But some vibration or jumping is just part of the engines personality.

Beary

Old 09-16-2015 | 01:50 AM
R21 Rider
|
Intermediate

Nice silver one man.

No engine smooths out ok when pick the revs up.

Am thinking would like to fit a set of those fork wind deflectors.

Unfortunately in SA we ride at crazy speeds just to keep up with traffic, and rides just to keep up in a group, speeds of 160km/hr (100mph) is the norm. These bikes are not really intended for that, so I am getting hammered by the wind

Old 09-16-2015 | 06:14 AM
DeafUltra
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by beary
I am surprised nobody has a yellow custom. I'm not much for yellow, but I love it on that bike.
Friend of mine in Florida had one and she traded it in for a very beautiful Switchback with special order flamed metal flake pink paint.

Yeah, I don't see many of them Yellow RK Custom out there too.

Thorey

Old 09-16-2015 | 02:49 PM
silent1
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by somorkc
With a few tasteful mods!

That looks great!

Old 09-16-2015 | 06:44 PM
somorkc
Cruiser
Default Thanks

Originally Posted by silent1
That looks great!
Just been getting it going in the right direction. Next stretched bags!

Old 09-17-2015 | 10:52 AM
The Godmother
Stage II
Default 2005 flhrsi

Mine is yellow! I fell in love with it when I saw it -the factory pearl with green metal flake. Bought it in 2013 with 5000 original miles on it (now up over 15,500). I've added a few chrome goodies, then had the custom tooled seat made this spring....

I moved up from a 2000 1200 Custom Sporty (rode that for 10 years) and can't believe the difference! The Road King handles so nice - and still has alot of spunk with a Stage 1 kit.

Attached Thumbnails Anybody else got a Roadking custom FLHRSI-may-2015.jpg  
Old 09-17-2015 | 11:10 AM
SpaceReapersNOLA
Road Captain

Originally Posted by somorkc
Just been getting it going in the right direction. Next stretched bags!
nice looking bike dude! I just got my Arlen Ness stretched saddlebags in, they are off at the painters right now getting some vivid black. cant wait to get them back on the bike!

Old 09-17-2015 | 12:42 PM
G E E
Tourer

Here's pic of my 07 RKhrs After this picture I just add Andrews 48h cams ,2014 2-1-2 defatted header with CFR copy mufflers. That with stage1 ac got me dyno tuned 82hp and 94tq. , next is KST Kustoms 14" apes.
I have original saddlebags if someone see interested.

Attached Thumbnails Anybody else got a Roadking custom FLHRSI-image.jpg  

Last edited by G E E; 09-17-2015 at 12:45 PM.
Old 09-18-2015 | 06:43 PM
bagman1
Grand HDF Member

I had an 04 real red one, painted it vivid black, changed to hard bags, 9 spoke rims, all polished bolts, chrome lowers and flipped it a few years ago.

Old 09-18-2015 | 10:03 PM
c130loader
Cruiser

Originally Posted by beary

All Harley engines vibrate to some degree at idle. If you feel the vibration while riding, then something is wrong. If you don't then likely everything is ok. But it is usually the mounts wearing when they are overly jumpy. The exhuast mounts under the bags are part of the mounting system of the engine. Cheap to replace and sometimes they can tame the jumping engine. But some vibration or jumping is just part of the engines personality.

Beary
You wanted yellow, it's yellow pearl.

Quick Reply: Anybody else got a Roadking custom FLHRSI