Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bagger Bolts

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2015, 07:05 AM
mndelrosario
Tourer
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Bagger Bolts

Did some google searching and I couldn't find many reviews on the "bagger "bolts" http://www.baggerbolts.com/

I ordered these and have yet to install them on my bike. (One of my saddlebags fell off due to the recall Harley put out) Instead of risking another quick release pin failure I decided spending the $30 would be a good idea. Anyone familiar with these or use them? Also having the added security to hopefully deter a thief is nice.

EDIT: I understand going to a hardware shop and picking up some bolts is much cheaper.

Last edited by mndelrosario; 09-06-2015 at 07:13 AM.
Old 09-06-2015, 07:08 AM
davidwruth
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 153 Likes on 100 Posts

You could do the same thing by going to fastenal Home Depot or local hardware for a lot cheaper

Old 09-06-2015, 07:10 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,250 Likes on 1,641 Posts

In all honesty, other than the "fancy" wrench, you can replicate that kit at any HW store for under $5.

Back in 2010 I drank the Kool-Aid and bought a Brukus kit for my 2009 FLHX. Yes it works better that those crap/stock HD mount pins, but while searching the Ace HW nut/bolt aisle for another project I came across the clips & torx bolts so...don't feel bad as I paid $30 for a bent torx wrench. At least yours is like a ratchet...

Old 09-06-2015, 07:10 AM
mndelrosario
Tourer

Originally Posted by davidwruth
You could do the same thing by going to fastenal Home Depot or local hardware for a lot cheaper
Thanks, this didn't answer anything and I wasn't worried about the price of the product.

Old 09-06-2015, 07:34 AM
luc.who
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

The unit is a great mod. That is typically the first mod I make to any new bike. I only use 1 u nut per bag and let the other connector stock. I highly recommend doing this. Wher you get the U nut is up to you.

I appreciate this post, and and going to look at marketing my bag nut idea

Old 09-06-2015, 07:39 AM
mndelrosario
Tourer

Originally Posted by luc.who
The unit is a great mod. That is typically the first mod I make to any new bike. I only use 1 u nut per bag and let the other connector stock. I highly recommend doing this. Wher you get the U nut is up to you.

I appreciate this post, and and going to look at marketing my bag nut idea
Glad to hear it! Thanks for your input

Old 09-06-2015, 07:44 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,250 Likes on 1,641 Posts

OK...rephrasing my reply...

Yes, they work better than stock HD mount hw!

As far as theft deterrent...they'll either (1) break off the lids, or (2) take the whole bike. A set of $30 nuts/bolts won't stop thieves...IMO.

Old 09-06-2015, 08:15 AM
Cobra231
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought and installed these on my 15 limited, it took 5 minutes and it gives me piece of mind that they won't fall off. The stock quick release set up is junk in my opinion.

Old 09-06-2015, 09:47 AM
mndelrosario
Tourer

Originally Posted by Iceman24
OK...rephrasing my reply...

Yes, they work better than stock HD mount hw!

As far as theft deterrent...they'll either (1) break off the lids, or (2) take the whole bike. A set of $30 nuts/bolts won't stop thieves...IMO.
I appreciate the comment man, my main reason of purchase was to prevent the bag from just falling off into the road. (which has happened)

Old 09-06-2015, 10:05 AM
grapeapes
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Heres a question/observation... Those washers look smaller than what comes with the stock QR. Are you supposed to reuse the stock fender washers with these?
If not I would think you would want a larger area so not to crack the bag around the hole.

Quick Reply: Bagger Bolts