Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BoardtrackerHarleyonline.com

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2019 | 08:49 AM
jdw1
Road Captain
Received 129 Likes on 86 Posts

thank you sir!

Old 04-07-2019 | 09:54 AM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,246 Likes on 1,852 Posts

Off topic slightly, but not really. . does anyone have experience or know if the terms of Surdyke relating to cancelling an item on a lengthy back order equate to receiving a refund in a “Surdyke only” gift card or is it a generic HD card that can be used anywhere? I purchased an item through Surdyke saving myself $60 over local dealer, which is now on backorder until July 1st. In an economic sense, the opportunity cost of having that item sooner is worth more to me than the $60 original savings. Now, if I pick it up locally (which they happen to have it) I’ll wind up with a gift card which presumably is only good at Surdyke so this item will have cost me more than double in a sense because I’ll have to buy something else that I probably wouldn’t have bought otherwise.

Items that have been placed on extended back order longer than 45 days CAN ONLY BE REFUNDED VIA GIFT CARD! Please note that it is the customers choice to keep an order open, after being notified of such extended back order statuses. Unfortunately there is no exceptions to this policy.
Some back orders may be cancelled upon authorization from a surdyke.com representative. Please note that our cancellation restocking fee may still apply. Any cancellation of any back ordered or vendor direct item that is back ordered/special ordered for more that 30 days , by the request of the customer or H-D, if cancelled, can only be refunded by gift card (no exceptions.)

Last edited by dawg; 04-07-2019 at 09:56 AM.
Old 04-07-2019 | 11:16 AM
skinman13
Outstanding HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 234 Likes on 169 Posts

I did get an email notice a couple of weeks back that they were back online and in business. That is good, but trust is going to be difficult to gain back in that competitive market...

Old 04-07-2019 | 12:28 PM
Surdyke.com
Former Sponsor
Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

If you can pm me the email that you received stating this, I would appreciate it. We do not ever charge a restocking fee on a backorder item that hasn't shipped to you.

The following users liked this post:
dcfatboy (04-16-2019)
Old 04-07-2019 | 12:50 PM
Sparky357
Road Master
Received 245 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by jdw1
Looked at some items this morning online at Boardtracker, looks like things are priced at full retail!
Yep might as well go to the dealer,mine pretty much matches the discounts anyway.

Old 04-07-2019 | 01:05 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Surdyke.com
If you can pm me the email that you received stating this, I would appreciate it. We do not ever charge a restocking fee on a backorder item that hasn't shipped to you.
If you’re referring to my post, what is in my post italicized is from your website. My question is if I cancel it now since the item won’t be off backorder until July 1st, is the refund gift card a “Surdyke only” gift card or can it be used at any dealer?

Old 04-07-2019 | 01:11 PM
Neggy ZRXOA 5248
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 821 Likes on 462 Posts

Originally Posted by dawg
Off topic slightly, but not really. . does anyone have experience or know if the terms of Surdyke relating to cancelling an item on a lengthy back order equate to receiving a refund in a “Surdyke only” gift card or is it a generic HD card that can be used anywhere? I purchased an item through Surdyke saving myself $60 over local dealer, which is now on backorder until July 1st. In an economic sense, the opportunity cost of having that item sooner is worth more to me than the $60 original savings. Now, if I pick it up locally (which they happen to have it) I’ll wind up with a gift card which presumably is only good at Surdyke so this item will have cost me more than double in a sense because I’ll have to buy something else that I probably wouldn’t have bought otherwise.

Items that have been placed on extended back order longer than 45 days CAN ONLY BE REFUNDED VIA GIFT CARD! Please note that it is the customers choice to keep an order open, after being notified of such extended back order statuses. Unfortunately there is no exceptions to this policy.
Some back orders may be cancelled upon authorization from a surdyke.com representative. Please note that our cancellation restocking fee may still apply. Any cancellation of any back ordered or vendor direct item that is back ordered/special ordered for more that 30 days , by the request of the customer or H-D, if cancelled, can only be refunded by gift card (no exceptions.)
I'd be calling my CC company and putting it into dispute.

Old 04-07-2019 | 01:20 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Neggy ZRXOA 5248
I'd be calling my CC company and putting it into dispute.
To be fair, I ordered two items. I just received the small item, but the larger item which I need before July 1 is the one on backorder.

Old 04-15-2019 | 10:17 PM
Duckkarl
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Just a heads up... I just saw this article that says Boardtracker has shutter their doors.
Boardtracker Closed

Old 04-15-2019 | 10:21 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member
Veteran: Army
Received 2,991 Likes on 1,693 Posts

Yikes! Owners' bikes locked up inside the closed dealership, and no way (at the moment) to get them.

Quick Reply: BoardtrackerHarleyonline.com