Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BoardtrackerHarleyonline.com

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2019 | 11:20 AM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor
Received 1,637 Likes on 1,181 Posts

I would hate to see BT go...it's probably the only thing that keeps Surdyke from raising prices.

__________________________________________________ ____
For ROCKOUT information & purchasing please click HERE For all Twin Cams and Evo Big Twins & Sportsters

Also on amazon.com...
Imitated, never equaled... ROCKOUTS!

Old 03-02-2019 | 12:01 PM
Neggy ZRXOA 5248
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 821 Likes on 462 Posts

This is the kiss of death for any car/bike dealership.

Even if they can hold on, HD will not give them the Certificates of Origin for any new bikes, any retail bike on the floor will have to have the payment made to the MoCo which will then deliver the title paperwork. HD will be putting their own people in there to watch the inventory as part of any agreement. When HD insists on being paid first, before the employees, etc, the money is going to run out soon

Then there is the issue of the line of credit for the parts department. If HD puts them on C.O.D. they are toast as they are not going to get credit anywhere else with reasonable terms.

If they go the stupid route, and go to a vulture for financing, they will be dead in a couple of months

Old 03-02-2019 | 12:32 PM
SWThomas
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,120 Likes on 670 Posts

Originally Posted by GalvTexGuy
Well, forget New Castle if you want free shipping. I've never gotten free shipping from them and I've purchased quite a few things from them over the years.
Yeah but their prices are so low that even with shipping they beat everyone else. And you get your stuff way faster.

Old 03-02-2019 | 12:49 PM
Mertoid
Tourer
Received 80 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by SWThomas
Yeah but their prices are so low that even with shipping they beat everyone else. And you get your stuff way faster.
Everything I've checked BT's prices on recently has been higher than Surdyke and New Castle.

Old 03-02-2019 | 01:09 PM
paid4c4
Road Master
Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

I have been ordering from Boardtracker a long time. Recently I've noticed a difference in pricing and shipping times. Then I read this https://www.biztimes.com/2019/indust...e-dealerships/
I have to question the long term survivability of Boardtracker. It appears the parent corporation is out of money.
Bill

Old 03-02-2019 | 02:27 PM
GalvTexGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 4,245 Likes on 2,325 Posts

Originally Posted by SWThomas
That's not true in every case. I compared prices on my last order. Surdyke was $252.93 including $15.23 shipping and New Castle was $273.61 including $23.58 shipping. I have other orders where Surdyke beat them every time. Every order shipped within 5-7 business days.

Last edited by GalvTexGuy; 03-02-2019 at 02:28 PM.
Old 03-02-2019 | 02:30 PM
GalvTexGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 4,245 Likes on 2,325 Posts

Originally Posted by paid4c4
I have been ordering from Boardtracker a long time. Recently I've noticed a difference in pricing and shipping times. Then I read this https://www.biztimes.com/2019/indust...e-dealerships/
I have to question the long term survivability of Boardtracker. It appears the parent corporation is out of money.
Bill
Yeah, already linked in post #52.

Old 03-02-2019 | 06:07 PM
LQQK_OUT
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,658 Likes on 1,130 Posts

Originally Posted by Neggy ZRXOA 5248
If they go the stupid route, and go to a vulture for financing, they will be dead in a couple of months
Why would they even consider something like that at this point if they already said they are going to sell the New Berlin location?

Old 03-02-2019 | 06:26 PM
wizardfitz
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Ok I got the same and thought it was me

Old 03-02-2019 | 06:44 PM
Neggy ZRXOA 5248
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 821 Likes on 462 Posts

They may not be able to save Boardtracker with that much debt over their heads.

Once HD disrupts the credit line, they are toast.

Even if they go to alt financing, there is no way they come up with that much cash in this economy... bike sales are down.

Plus HD was making them pay off 2 bikes in order to get one new one.... so their inventory was going to reduced 50%.

If the owners had any brains, they would get out while they could, I'm sure any credit lines they have required a PG by a principal, if the business goes funbags up because HD pulls the plug, their houses and anything else of value can be taken to satisfy the debt. It does not matter that the dealerships are held by 2 different corporate entities, banks want a PG ( personal guarantee) to prevent losses, plus it gives the owners an incentive not to walk away.

Last edited by Neggy ZRXOA 5248; 03-02-2019 at 06:54 PM.

Quick Reply: BoardtrackerHarleyonline.com