Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wild Chubby's...???'s

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 09:58 AM
zorro
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wild Chubby's...???'s

Bought a set of W0517 for my Roadie - Although, the web site says no cable changes needed I ave been told the brake cable WILL NOT reach - anyone else who has changed out to these no anything about it...???

THX

Old 05-03-2007, 11:06 AM
texas tom
Tourer
Default RE: Wild Chubby's...???'s

You should be able to make brake cable reach if you carefully bend the line,ive known several people that did that,me I like braided cables cost about $130 but they look good...

Old 05-03-2007, 11:22 AM
zorro
Cruiser

I just sent the bars off to be powder coated (black) -

But my wrench (not a Harley dealer wrench) said hehas changed them out before and needs to buy and make a longer brake cable - He told me he has had technical conversations with Wild1 about this very topic - ???

Old 05-03-2007, 12:13 PM
HogBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have Wildchubby's on mine, but braided steel cables went on as well. Mine are not your model, however.

Old 05-03-2007, 12:18 PM
zorro
Cruiser

where oh where can I get a set of braided cables for both clutch and brake ... for decent $$$...

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Old 05-03-2007, 12:21 PM
HogBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ROFLMAO....the first part is easy. It's the second part you may have problems with.

Old 05-03-2007, 07:41 PM
Manish_Hawg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

where oh where can I get a set of braided cables for both clutch and brake ... for decent $$$...
I will recommend Shooter64. He is a member on this forum and he has good prices. My cables arrived today.

2nd I am installing Chubby's on my bike and I WOULD NOT take Chubby's word for the cable length. Mount your bars and measure. This topic was discussed a while back and 1 person ordered a cable that was too short (listening to Chubby), and 1 person had a cable that was such a tight fit that it broke after 1 year. Chubby told me I needed a +4 Idle and a member on this forum said he need a +8 (we had the same set up). I decided to measure and I needed a +8. Better safe than sorry! Mount and measure.

Old 05-04-2007, 01:49 AM
buttman
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I put the 517's on my 04' RG, and all of the stock cables fit. You will have to straighten out (bend) the brake line to make it work. I didn't like that, so I put braided lines on. Iused +6 clutch, throttle, and idle cables, and +4 brake line. My clutch cable is a little long, you could probably use a +4 for it also. Having the wiring inside the bars makes it alot cleaner!

[IMG]local://upfiles/8977/20EF60FA785B4B0A81C4CE39E8CFCE19.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-04-2007, 02:40 AM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Put WO517's on my RG without changing the cables or lines... But had to do some creative bending on the front master line... But it worked...

Old 05-10-2007, 10:26 AM
zorro
Cruiser

I have a Tech telling me there is NO WAY these bars can go on without changing the cables. He's also telling me it will cost about $600 to do the job - $200 to make the cables HUH???[] and $400 in labor costs...I am really, really, really bullshit about this as I bought these "F-ing" bars in good faith based upon the Wild 1 website claiming no cable changes are needed WTF!!![:@] Here is the AD taken directly from their website ...

FYI - Update... I spoke to the GM of Wild1's (Chubby's) today 05/10/2007 - He told me that the owner of the Company was supposed to change the language in the AD to reflect "May need to change cables" However, after I pointed out to him that it wasn't changed as of today's date and when I purchased the bars a month ago (and he could clearly see that) - he agreed to refund all of my money plus shipping and take the bars back -

CHUBBY® R.G. BARS
PART # WO517
Sensational 1 1/4" thick customs for the Road Glide. Designed for maximum comfort and control. They are 31.0" wide, with a 14.5" pullback and 8.5" end rise. They work with the stock Controls, Grips, Cables, Brake Line & Wiring.
Retail Price $209.95.

Quick Reply: Wild Chubby's...???'s