Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wild Chubby's...???'s

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 08:54 PM
zorro
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wild Chubby's...???'s

Old 05-11-2007, 05:22 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

So, what are you going to do for bars? MayI suggest a nice set of APES?

[IMG]local://upfiles/12433/5BC161EF81324A79A9D64404D812FB15.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-11-2007, 09:53 AM
zorro
Cruiser

Well I don't know about the rest of you - but I for sure am sick and F-ing tired of getting the pipe shoved up my proverbial a$$ by the likes of these aftermarket bullsh!t artists and the products they hawk that don't fit.

Then when they get caught they come up with lame *** excuses that "the owner didn't change the web site" blah, blah, blah - cut the **** partner - The web site is listed that way so you'll buy them - then when they don't fit you'll change the cables and keep the bars - I bet nine out of ten buyers keep the bars and change the cables...

I'm sending the F-ing bars back and not replacing them at all - period, F-them and Harley for changing the bars and cable block design and creating the problem in the first place.

Honestly, if the Metrics held their value like a Harley does I would be driving a Metric, but they don't and therefore I won't... I don't buy into the FOOLISH Harley Mystique bullshit like most people do, sorry, but one thing Harley does head and shoulders above the rest is sling the bullsh!t...

Old 05-11-2007, 10:04 AM
bucs012
Road Master

Why not put on Wide Glide Bars? Lot's of people on the site has. Brings the bars back to you.
Cost about $106 in laborat the dealerand nothing else needed. The bars are around $50 I believe. Brake lines and everything else works just fine from what everyone else has said.

Old 05-11-2007, 10:34 AM
zorro
Cruiser

thanks for the tip

Old 05-11-2007, 12:10 PM
Manish_Hawg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yes Zorro,

I know HD can be frustrating, but don't give up. There are some bars out there that you don't have to change the cables out. The bars on the Heritage work too. Sit on a Heritage and see if you like them. I think they are $50.
You would have been so happy with those Chubby's. You should have considered longer black cables.

Old 05-11-2007, 12:27 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts

Zorro:

Both SoCal_pappy and buttman both say the bars will fit with out cable change - however the brake line will have to be bent (some people do not like that look) - either you believe them or not... if you take a look at your stock brake line - just by looking you will see that line will ONLY fit a stock bar - ya it can be bent but a flex line will look better...

You can do this job yourself - I have installed both 513's and 517's on my RG - I like them both, the 517 allow me to sit more back into my seat - these take some getting used to becasue of the different "feel" to them but I now really like them...

save your self some $$ and just do the job your self - you can get lots of help here on the forum... be sure to buy a service manual.... good luck.. once done... you will like the set up...

Old 05-11-2007, 12:30 PM
zorro
Cruiser

The chubby bars are very, very nice - However, I don't want to spend $600 to change out bars (labor and cable costs) ... I have talked with my old Dealer in MA, Monty's Cycle they have advised me that PN 56079-93 - Dyna Wide Glide Mini Apes will work without changing any cables, achieve the same goal, and cost about $50 for the bars and an hours worth of labor - total $115 vs $600 I'll take that all day long - thanks...

Old 05-11-2007, 12:41 PM
Manish_Hawg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I agree Zorro. Prices can get out of hand quickly. I went to the dealer thinking I was going to do the beach bars. ($199) When they finished with the quote it was over $1000.00. Make sure you look at the different bars that will fit that require no mods. They all don't feel the same. The Heritage bars were too narrow for me.

Old 05-11-2007, 02:02 PM
zorro
Cruiser

Look - there are three parts to my purpose for this post ...

1. Informative - I want to let people know these bars will not fit on 2004 or later Road Glides.
2. Gather intelligence pick peoplesminds to find out what alternatives I have.
3. Expose a vendor for posting wrongful information about a product and save people from making the same mistake I did.

Nowhere on the wild1 site did it say modifications necessary, slight modifications necessary or anything close - It says "WILL FIT WITH STOCK CABLES" and that's WHY I bought them... I didn't buy brand new bars for $209 so that I could stay up all night and pray they would fit. I don't want to stand on my head holding a cup of coffee while reciting a Hail Mary all in the hopes of making the bars fit - AND I DON'T WANT TO BEND CABLES EITHER ... They missrepresented these bars in their AD and people need to know about it - I mean isn't that what Zorro's job is all about - helping those that need help ...?[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Quick Reply: Wild Chubby's...???'s