Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2015 | 01:44 PM
khurtt
|
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help

I'm attempting to install under glow into my '07 street glide. I'm looking to hard wire the LED lights into the aux switch that it in the dash... How do I do that?

I've read some forums already, but I can find the connector that is under the seat... I've pulled the switch out of the bike to wire into the switch but I'm getting over my head and am unsure how to continue the process.

Thank you

Old 08-26-2015 | 02:17 PM
jberg
Road Warrior
Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Under the seat there is a square orange plug that should be capped. This connects into the accessory circuit. Buy a connector for it at the dealer along with a Y splitter so it's available for another accessory in the future. Ask the dealer which wires will give you the switching capability you need.

Old 08-26-2015 | 03:39 PM
AnotherBlackSG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 57 Likes on 31 Posts

IDK why you'd have to go under the seat? I wired running lights to my aux switch on my 08 SG and went right to the back of the switch (load side). It's already fused (15amp, I believe) and has power to it.

Old 08-26-2015 | 03:49 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

well, it depends on the electrical abilities of the owner....the 1st response will work for anyone regardless of ability or fear.

the 2nd for someone more able.

the under seat connector is handy for an led kit, this 4 position plug has ground, run, brake light and ACC pins- I have posted before on which is which- anyone can search for it.

another power point is the position light which is unused in north america...good for gps, phones etc

mike

Old 08-26-2015 | 05:12 PM
khurtt
|
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AnotherBlackSG
IDK why you'd have to go under the seat? I wired running lights to my aux switch on my 08 SG and went right to the back of the switch (load side). It's already fused (15amp, I believe) and has power to it.
How did you wire into back of switch?

Old 08-26-2015 | 07:00 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

remove ignition (see youtube- this can be tricky if you don;t pay attention), then remove lower dash- all the wiring is right there.

or

you can reach up with a finger on the right side of the lower dash and pull the wiring down- a 3M tap onto the solid orange wire ( no stripe) will get you 12 volt power from the acc switch in the ON position
black is ground

alot of this stuff has been discussed (with pics) on these forums

mike

Old 08-26-2015 | 07:19 PM
cdestuck
Supporter
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 217 Likes on 103 Posts

You do know that by wiring the leds to this switch that you'll not be able to have lights on while the bike is parked with the engine off.

Old 08-26-2015 | 09:15 PM
just plain john
Elite HDF Member
Received 99 Likes on 80 Posts

There are remote switches available from Custom Dynamics that don't require hard wiring to your accessory switch, just a thought.

Old 08-27-2015 | 10:09 AM
AnotherBlackSG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 57 Likes on 31 Posts

How did you wire into back of switch?
Terminal off of the hot side.

Originally Posted by cdestuck
You do know that by wiring the leds to this switch that you'll not be able to have lights on while the bike is parked with the engine off.
Not true, at least in my case. With the motor off and the ignition in ON or AUX, there's power to the that switch.

Old 08-27-2015 | 10:32 AM
cdestuck
Supporter
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 217 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by AnotherBlackSG
Terminal off of the hot side.

Not true, at least in my case. With the motor off and the ignition in ON or AUX, there's power to the that switch.

I agree but do you want to sit up bike in a area with the leds lit AND the headlight and tail light lit?

Last edited by cdestuck; 08-27-2015 at 10:35 AM.

Quick Reply: Please Help