Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Progressive front Springs upgrade??

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 11:02 AM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts
Default Progressive front Springs upgrade??

I bought a 2015 Ultra Limited Low - Well, I am not real happy with the front end - since Harley dropped it one inch - that drop made the front end a lot stiffer - at least in my opinion, lol.

Well, I have decided to put the front end back to 'standard' Harley - Meaning I got a set of 'take off' Lowers and will buy all the needed internal parts to build the two front forks - I have taken the front forks off a Bagger/Batwing before and its not all that hard - I will have a friend that is a retired Harley mech - to the building -- What I will end up with is essentially a Street Glide (as far as suspension)

My question here is -- Looking for people who have installed the Progressive front springs into their front shocks

http://www.progressivesuspension.com...ork-spring-kit

These springs have been around for some time. The are a dual rated spring.

The standard springs are about $40 a set - I can get the progressive for about $85 a set...

for those that have tried them - do you like them???

I am looking for a better ride - current lowered front end is just to FIRM

Old 08-25-2015, 11:31 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,608 Likes on 2,727 Posts

I wouldnt cheese out on springs, at a minimum I'd go with Progressive Monotubes, or Ricors

Old 08-25-2015, 12:56 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Keithhu
I wouldnt cheese out on springs, at a minimum I'd go with Progressive Monotubes, or Ricors
I saw the mono kits for $500 - that the one??? if so, I really do not need those - unless I can borrow your CC, lol

Old 08-25-2015, 01:08 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,608 Likes on 2,727 Posts

Originally Posted by harley0711
I saw the mono kits for $500 - that the one??? if so, I really do not need those - unless I can borrow your CC, lol
Well, others can chime in, I dont run those springs, but I'm skeptical your ride would be improved by using those springs, but I could be wrong.

Old 08-25-2015, 01:32 PM
wscott
Road Warrior
Received 137 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by harley0711
I bought a 2015 Ultra Limited Low - Well, I am not real happy with the front end - since Harley dropped it one inch - that drop made the front end a lot stiffer - at least in my opinion, lol.

Well, I have decided to put the front end back to 'standard' Harley - Meaning I got a set of 'take off' Lowers and will buy all the needed internal parts to build the two front forks - I have taken the front forks off a Bagger/Batwing before and its not all that hard - I will have a friend that is a retired Harley mech - to the building -- What I will end up with is essentially a Street Glide (as far as suspension)

My question here is -- Looking for people who have installed the Progressive front springs into their front shocks

http://www.progressivesuspension.com...ork-spring-kit

These springs have been around for some time. The are a dual rated spring.

The standard springs are about $40 a set - I can get the progressive for about $85 a set...

for those that have tried them - do you like them???

I am looking for a better ride - current lowered front end is just to FIRM
==========================================

=================

Just be carefull you dont go too far in the other direction making front too loose / soft becuase then you could have issues with bike getting pushy when you hit a bump or sweel while conering putting the bike into an wobble or undulating (lack of better word) situation .

BTW,just wondering why you woldnt 1st try some aftermaket springs that were a bit milder before completely pulling forks appart going backwords to older fork parts when lighter springs & along with lighter fork oil could have reduced the harshnees ?

Maybe i missed something like there are no lighter springs avail for your your 2015 or that it uses montubes which would explain what your doing.

Scott

Old 08-25-2015, 04:53 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by wscott
==========================================

=================

Just be carefull you dont go too far in the other direction making front too loose / soft becuase then you could have issues with bike getting pushy when you hit a bump or sweel while conering putting the bike into an wobble or undulating (lack of better word) situation .

BTW,just wondering why you woldnt 1st try some aftermaket springs that were a bit milder before completely pulling forks appart going backwords to older fork parts when lighter springs & along with lighter fork oil could have reduced the harshnees ?

Maybe i missed something like there are no lighter springs avail for your your 2015 or that it uses montubes which would explain what your doing.

Scott
I have the 2015 LOW - Front end was dropped by HD by one inch - to make the LOW - for us cabbage patch riders, lol - I wanted the LOW because of the several upgrades to LOW - just that the front being ONE inch shorter - it is much firmer - All I want to do is build a Stock front end (parts = height) nothing more, nothing less. The back will stay low (for now) actually making the bike just like a Street Glide = standard height in front, low in the back.

I ONLY posted this question because Progressive has sold for several years - replacement front springs... if you read the link... it is suppose to be better than stock but provide a better ride..

Since I am building these and buying all the internal parts... Stock springs are about $20 each - I can get the progressive for about $40 each..

NOT going Softer and I do understand your warning