Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Glide Inlet Screens and Decal

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 08:03 AM
mcfling
Intermediate
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Road Glide Inlet Screens and Decal

Just got my first HD. I love it!!!! Added a few things to make it my own... I fabricated some screens for the inlets. I really like the look. Easy to do...

I like a "racey look" so I added these decals onto the fairing. Kind of a CVO imposter. I just liked the look.

Old 08-25-2015, 08:21 AM
MadIrish
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the screens.

Just test rode an RG and was horrified by just how large those vent holes are and the size of objects that could come through there at 80mph, lol.

I also just don't understand why Harley sells the RG, their "mile eating machine", with that tiny **** wind screen. The test ride was awful...all I could hear was wind, couldn't hear the bike, barely heard the radio. Why don't they put the high shield on as standard and let those who value looks over function change to the low one, lol.

Old 08-25-2015, 08:36 AM
mcfling
Intermediate

I have a new windscreen coming. It is taller. Should do the trick. I love the bike!

Old 08-25-2015, 09:13 AM
ultraclassic53
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They don't call them sharks for nothing . When you get good you can pick off birds and squirrels with those vent holes. When you get really good you can catch rabbits but that's more about timing and catching them on the bounce .

Old 08-25-2015, 10:02 AM
Joe12RK
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,603 Likes on 980 Posts

Originally Posted by MadIrish
I also just don't understand why Harley sells the RG, their "mile eating machine", with that tiny **** wind screen. The test ride was awful...all I could hear was wind, couldn't hear the bike, barely heard the radio. Why don't they put the high shield on as standard and let those who value looks over function change to the low one, lol.
The Road Glide Ultra is back in the lineup with a real windshield. The RG and RGS are styling exercises like the SG and SGS.

Old 08-25-2015, 12:56 PM
KSGLIDEGUY
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have the screens but I'm not sure how the decals would look on my denim black. They look pretty cool on yours though.

Old 08-25-2015, 02:24 PM
steelerdude1
Grand HDF Member
Received 286 Likes on 217 Posts

I like it! The decals add a nice look to all that open space on the fairing. Where did you get them?

EDIT: I like the screens too!

Old 08-25-2015, 07:05 PM
mcfling
Intermediate

Originally Posted by steelerdude1
I like it! The decals add a nice look to all that open space on the fairing. Where did you get them?

EDIT: I like the screens too!
They come in 3 sizes. I ordered the 24" x 3" in silver. There are multiple of colors that can be ordered. I then cut out part of the center section of the checkerboard to reduce the width to fit the fairing. $20 with free shipping. Here is the link: http://www.racersedge411.com/motodec...ers_Harley.htm

Old 08-25-2015, 07:18 PM
PureHybrid
Road Master
Received 380 Likes on 239 Posts

Screens look good!

I put a 12" windvest on mine, you can actually go 80mph and listen to the radio.

Old 08-25-2015, 07:40 PM
usmcbuck
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Put the 12" Freedom Shield on mine, works great and will with stand 120+ mph, Yes I did push the bike that fast testing the new dyno tune.

Quick Reply: Road Glide Inlet Screens and Decal