Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bill advances that makes motorcycle

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 03:24 AM
zenmachine
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bill advances that makes motorcycle

Bill advances that makes motorcycle helmets optional for adults

May 1, 2007

NASHVILLE (AP) -- A state legislative committee in passed a bill Tuesday giving a licensed motorcyclist at least 21 years old the option of wearing a helmet.
The measure narrowly cleared the House Transportation Committee. The companion version was approved in the Senate last month.

The bill is sponsored by state Representative Joey Hensley of Hohenwald.

Opponents of the measure have said the legislation would be costly to hospitals and family members caring for victims who may have suffered head injuries as a result of not wearing their helmets.

The legislation has been offered perennially in the General Assembly but has met opposition in the House.

http://www.wate.com/Global/story.asp?S=6456120

Old 05-02-2007, 06:48 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Bill advances that makes motorcycle

It is nice to have an option, instead of having one thrust upon you. Here in NM, 18 and over is optional. I wear a helmet sometimes, but it is nice to have the option to do so. Worst thing about our government is that some people get to decide what and how I live my life. If I want my head to explode after crashing at 80 mph, that should be my decision. Not that I want ANYONE to ever die in a crash, but it is some nerve of legistlators to enforce and apply their beliefs on to me. My life, stay out of it. If I need your advice, I will ask! JMHO