Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Milage blue's

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 10:55 AM
geser
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fuel Milage blue's

My Road GLide has gotten 61 in high altitudes, and averages 42 to 45 running 60 to 75 with a few mods and a good tune. Ofcourse I'm down south and thick air. I contribute the better milage to the fairing cutting the wind better

Old 05-02-2007, 10:59 AM
geser
Stage IV

I'm going to work with my tuner and if we come up with anything I'll let you know. I got a friend that is getting around 36 MPG reguarly with a set up like mine. But I can pull him in a run by about 4 bike lengths

Old 05-02-2007, 11:00 AM
geser
Stage IV

I will give her a shot, thanks

Old 05-02-2007, 11:11 AM
Puzzled
Banned

ORIGINAL: geser

My Road GLide has gotten 61 in high altitudes, and averages 42 to 45 running 60 to 75 with a few mods and a good tune. Ofcourse I'm down south and thick air. I contribute the better milage to the fairing cutting the wind better
Speed or the lack of definitely helps mileage. Keep those RPM's down and the mileage goes up.

Old 05-02-2007, 01:14 PM
swestbrook60
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

My '06 Ultra Classic never got better than 35 mpg even runniung on the Interstate at 70 with the cruise control on, the norm was around 33 mpg. The addition of slip-ons, PC III, and Stage I upgrade made no significant change for the better or worse. After battling with the dealer on the low gas mileage even with a stock bike, they finally took the bike in to investigate.

They said they re-dyno tuned the bike and re-flashed the ECM with the latest map for the 25 degree injectors (bike origanally came with the 8 degree). They said they found no other items that could affect gas mileage. However, I took a 240 mile test ride (75% interstate and 25% twisties) and the result was 41.1 mpg.

My wife, riding alongside of me, got 47.3 mpg on her stock '07 Deluxe. Odd thing was there was a 9 mile difference in our trip odometer readings. I must have cut allot of corners.

Old 05-05-2007, 10:03 PM
Beeracuda
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This thread really had me worried. I just bought a 2002 Road Glide with a 95 kit, unknown cams,SE Ignition and Headsand a Mikuni. I picked it up on Friday took it outfor the first trip today. The winds were over 20 miles per hour and gusts were much higher. The first tankful I got 28.6 and the second was 36.6 and the average for the trip was 32.4. Not great, but without the wind and my tendency to make use of the big bore kit, it will be much better. This was at speeds of 75 mph for the most part.

Old 05-05-2007, 10:31 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It is just going to happen when you go with a bigger motor and do other mods......more air in needs more fuel to run right.

I'm getting mid 30's mpg right now................but man is it much better then being in a cage.

Steve

Old 05-06-2007, 01:17 AM
Beeracuda
Road Master

ORIGINAL: maineultraclassic

It is just going to happen when you go with a bigger motor and do other mods......more air in needs more fuel to run right.

I'm getting mid 30's mpg right now................but man is it much better then being in a cage.

Steve
Mid 30's is still more than double my trucks mileage and there a hellava lot more smiles per mile!

Old 05-06-2007, 04:56 AM
Newhog
Road Captain

This is kind of like being on the diesel forums...more horsepower and better fuel mileage simply does not go together.

Old 05-06-2007, 07:14 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I find my milage is better in town than on the highway. On the highway I run at 90+mph all the time. BUT, my state, NM, has decided to add those darn speed cameras on the interstate (I-25and I-40), so I guess I will be slowing down or get a ticket in the mail. Stupid cameras. Once they are put up, you know where they are and people haul butt until they know a camera is set up, and then slam on the brakes to pass them. Tell me how this is suppose to me more safe? Seems to me that a constant speed that runs with the traffic would be safer. But the state just makes to much money off the cameras to remove them. [:@]

Quick Reply: Fuel Milage blue's