Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C&C seats squareback or fastback?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2015, 09:51 AM
SGMongoose
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default C&C seats squareback or fastback?

Hi,

just picked up a new-to-me 2014 street glide with a Corbin hollywood solo. I hate it, i find the stock street glide seat a better fit for me, but unfortunately that did not come with the bike.

I have a C&C solo w/ pillion on my Deluxe, and i am very happy with it, so it seems logical to go with C&C again.

I've decided on a two-up seat since i never remove the pillion from me Deluxe. My current pillion resembles the back Sportour, but i think i like the like the style of the Fastback and Squareback better.

My question is, how comfortable will either be for my GF? in the last 2-3 years, she's only ridden with me a handful of times, but when she does its for a 2-3 hrs.. and she does enjoy it.. i don't want that to change. but it is a very rare occurrence. she's petite, under 5 ft and under 100lbs.

any opinions would be greatly appreciated! and also I'm looking for pics from the back of the bike if you have any. thanks!

Old 08-11-2015, 10:29 AM
TcHunter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

For what its worth, my wife has a small butt, so she needed as much cushin as I could get her. Just something to consider more than just height and weight. And like you said if they are happy the more miles we can ride on.

Old 08-11-2015, 11:19 AM
SGMongoose
Tourer

Originally Posted by TcHunter
For what its worth, my wife has a small butt, so she needed as much cushin as I could get her. Just something to consider more than just height and weight. And like you said if they are happy the more miles we can ride on.
thanks, thats a valid point i had not thought of. i was only considering width.

is anyones significant other okay with sitting on a squareback or fastback?

Old 08-11-2015, 11:47 AM
rg_dave
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

The fastback is not really a passenger seat. Slopes down, very narrow, and minimal padding. My wife has ridden on it but not more than short hops. Plus she has to hold onto me so tight and is constantly sliding back it makes my ribs hurt. She'll ride to the bar on it but more than 20 miles or so we switch to the comfy seat. This is a girl that rode on the fender of my bobber. The fastback is an incredibly comfortable solo seat for me though. My advice is to get the squareback or a solo with a pillon.

Old 08-11-2015, 12:38 PM
bzb123
Road Captain
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Exactly what Dave said!!

Even with the tourpak, fastback is only good for short rides with a passenger.

Attached Thumbnails C&C seats squareback or fastback?-img_6590.jpg  
Old 08-11-2015, 04:03 PM
SGMongoose
Tourer

okay got it.. so fastback is definitely out. either of you or anyone else have experience with the squareback?

Old 08-11-2015, 05:14 PM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member
Received 865 Likes on 542 Posts

IF your gonna stay with C&C (which I love both of mine) and you have a BSR on a regular basis, you would be silly not to get their Sports Touring model with riders back rest.

More "Cush" for your lucky lady!

As you may already know, you will need about 700 miles on that saddle for both rider & BSR for it to break in.

Good luck.

YB

Old 08-11-2015, 05:17 PM
hemi1300
Road Captain
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by 09 YELLOWBIRD
IF your gonna stay with C&C (which I love both of mine) and you have a BSR on a regular basis, you would be silly not to get their Sports Touring model with riders back rest.

As you may already know, you will need about 700 miles on that saddle for both rider & BSR for it to break in.

Good luck.

YB
Exact setup I have on my 14 sgs and love it, can't be without the rider backrest. Wife is short, a bit on the thick side lol, and she has no complaints on the back

Old 08-11-2015, 06:33 PM
SGMongoose
Tourer

Originally Posted by 09 YELLOWBIRD

Good luck.

YB
Thanks, that's what Chuck at C&C is kind of pushing me towards too. But as much as i want her to be back their on a regular basis.. it may just be wishful thinking.. like i said she's only been on my deluxe a handful of times. and the C&C pillion i have for that has the same shape as the sporttour, which i don't mind the look of on my Deluxe.. but Chuck is sayings the max width is 2 inches wider on the sporttour... which may be too much for my eyes

my plan right now i think is to take her for a spin on my buddies Fatboy.. cause the widest part of the pillion is about the same width as the square back passenger area.

Old 08-11-2015, 08:13 PM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member
Received 865 Likes on 542 Posts

Here's a shot with the Sports Touring saddle on my rig.

YB

C&C seats squareback or fastback?-image.jpg

Quick Reply: C&C seats squareback or fastback?