Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slip On Exhaust Problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2015, 10:24 AM
bigheadted
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 41 Posts

I have the same set of slipons as you and they can be installed with the script in or out. There are no dimples for the axle and there is plenty of room to clear the axle nut. Once you have then mounted up properly you will see.

Old 08-11-2015, 11:18 AM
Airborne06
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by bigheadted
I have the same set of slipons as you and they can be installed with the script in or out. There are no dimples for the axle and there is plenty of room to clear the axle nut. Once you have then mounted up properly you will see.
Thanks BHT! I just got them on...there is Screaming Eagle script on both sides of both pipes. I rotated the axle retaining clip 180 degrees, and it gave me "just enough" clearance to mount them. It still is barely touching the pipe though...I never noticed if it did that before when they were installed.
I really got some great tips from everyone. Thanks to all! I will attempt to show a picture of the lack of clearance...but it will be a few until I can get back out there and do it. Again, thank you to everyone for their comments and suggestions!

Best Regards, A06